Home

Games does not load modified XML

lawrenceyeoh

Hi all,

I got a problem with modding here. I have modified quite a number of XML files namely spacecapital, groundvehicle, groundinfantry, starbase, projectiles and others and yet none of them are loaded into the game whenever I start a new Galactic Conquest game.

By logic, the EAW when first start will look for .XML files in the game directory first then only move on to the config.meg file. But in my case, the game apparently skips the local .XML files and go straight to the config.meg file instead.

None of the mods downloaded from here worked as well. Any idea if I need to set something in one of the files to make the EXE look at local .XML files first? Or is this a bug encountered by others and is there any method to solve this problem?

Thanks!

The .XMLs are already in the "..\GameData\Data\XML" directory, while the config.meg file is in the "..\GameData\" directory. I tried removing the config.meg file to fool the EXE to bypass the config.meg file while loading, but this was unsuccessful (the program crashed).

You will also have to remove a part of the name of the xml file. I had some of this with the marauder as I reduced the range to 1.0 However I found out that the marauder has 2 ranges stated later on so just to be sure I reduced both to 1.0 check for this as well.

Not sure if this has anythink to do with rebels ships in particular as it's the only ship I modded so far. It's imperial counterpart only has 1 range stated so that didn't give me any problem.

I have this D:\...\LucasArts\Star Wars Empire at War\GameData\Data\XML

and my XML files have been renamed in this way:

from "DATA%XML%SPACEUNITSCAPITAL.XML" to "SPACEUNITSCAPITAL.XML"

my game works perfectly...are you sure your modifications are compatible???

Maybe there is something wrong in one of you XML files...

Archived