Home

My KOTOR III (long)

Tysyacha

Well... Haven't been around here for a while, but recently picked up TSL dirt-cheap. (Almost finished it, so if I have anything that conflicts slightly with it, that's why) The working title for this would be Kotor III: Amnesiacs Anonymous.

Basically, you'd start off a couple years after TSL. An era of peace and prosperity will have returned, with the Republic now stronger than before and flourishing. The Jedi Council will have been reforrmed, and the Jedi themselves, though few in number, will be growing, with somewhat unchecked abandon as they try to regrow their numbers. (This will obviously be a change from the previous two games where the whole galactic system is in danger at the start.) The opening crawl would go on to mention a jedi now entering the edges of known space, back from a long mission and armed with knowledge that could save the Order and the Republic.

The opening scene would have you start out in a severely damaged Shuttlecraft, which would be recovered by a Republic Cruiser. After several scenes detailing medical treatment to pull you back from the edge of death, you would wake up, floating in a tank of kolto, and facing some questions from the Captain.

Basically, you would remember nothing- your name would be given to you from a fingerprint and retinal scan they pulled on you. So the knowledge to save the Republic would be a trifle dicey to remember, at best.

Obviously, you would be playing as Revan again, reconnecting with old members of the team, trying to figure out what it was you'd forgotten. (you'd remember little flashes, again, but nothing even so coherent as the Star Maps.) Once again, you'd have to go out, retracing the steps, with old party members and new ones.

So, basic idea there of starting the whole business.

It's Candalore, weakened from age and

his long years of war.

Bwahaha. That's Candy and Mandalore mixed up, right? Genius.

My vision of KotOR III is an open-ended game, something like oblivion. The galaxy is now recovering from the Jedi Civil War and the Jedi Order is yet to be rebuilt. The Republic, now aided by many planets, has a stronger base and people's faith in it is more or less, restoring.

However, trouble is brewing. A new form of Sith Lord has appeared, who can modify his appearance and has superhuman senses. He can impersonate anyone and is a dangerous threat.

The Mandalorians, who had formerly assembled on Dxun moved out to avoid clashes with Onderon and have settled on a temperate planet named Voring, in the outer rim. There, they have gathered masses of Mandalorians, ready to start a war.

The game will be open-ended and allow you to pick whichever side you see fit. There will be advantages and disadvantages, blacks and whites to every side, of course. More info later.

Gee, you think we could just have a sticky topic or official topic called something like "Your ideas for K3s story" because I've seen so many threads about how you want it to start. Whatever, I've never posted my idea...

It starts out on a very quiet planet, very similiar to Korriban. Wind howls, and some dust hangs in the air. Then, you see Revan walking on the surface. (You'd just have to assume playing as him has a logical explanation) He heads towards a large structure, when suddenly some...uhh...True Sith (that sounds lame) come and attack him. He pulls out his lightsaber and the game takes you through movement and combat first, followed by all the other basics. Sometime later you get inside the building and come across the leader, but he's too strong for Revan, they fight and stuff, but you have to run. Revan hides in a ditch, close to death, when the Ebon Hawk arrives with Bastila! Hooray! They take him back to Coruscant where he heals, then the Republic begins a war against the Sith Empire. Oh, and your party members will be Bastila, Carth, T3 and HK-47, and some new characters, with all the old ones that can still be alive making an appearance. Jolee as a Master on the new Council, Juhani as a General in the war, maybe Mission as a dancer (just kidding).

You MUST have read my version of the KoTOR 3 beginning at some point before posting this, I mean the Sith planet, Revan defeated by the leader and brought back to Coruscant, it's just a little too similar.

Edit:

(To the moderators: sorry for double posting, I've had some trouble with the edit option and couldn't post the edited version of the previous post - my browser would crash every time i clicked the Save changes button)

I've dug up my version of the story from one of the earlier threads with this subject:

A scene begins on the Dark Planet, a planet located just outside the galaxy. That planet doesn't have its own sun, it is only slightly lightened by the galaxy's rim stars - just enough to see its conture, it doesn't have a breathable atmosphere, so nothing can survive on its surface, but there is a single enormous city-like structure capable of sustaining life on that planet, the only light coming from the planet itself is coming from that structure.

We are taken to a huge throne room where Revan (in his famous robes with the mask) meets the Sith Lord who will be the main villain in KoTOR 3. The Sith Lord tells Revan that he/she made a big mistake by coming there and says that Revan will die as the Exile has if he/she persists in his/her quest to stop the Sith Lord. They engage in combat and the Sith Lord triumphs. Instead of killing him/her the Sith Lord decides to spare Revan's life because Revan did fulfill his/her purpose - he/she weakened the Republic. He strips Revan of the armor, his/her powers and his/her memories of the Dark Planet's location (only the memories of the location of the planet, not the entire personality like in KoTOR 1), puts him/her in a stasis pod and sends him/her in a small unmanned aircraft back to Republic space.

About 3 years later the aircraft is discovered by a Republic cruiser partoling the Rim, the captain of that ship, after taking a good look upon the aircraft's passenger, contacts Admiral Carth Onasi, who orders the captain to bring the passenger to Coruscant.

At this point you are taken to the character creation screen where you choose Revan's appearance and after that you take Revan's role once more, now in the busy streets of Coruscant with a quest to reach the Jedi Temple in Coruscant (first of all), regain his/her powers, reunite with his former allies and meet new ones (including the ones from KoTOR 2) and then once again search for clues of the location of the Dark Planet, the capital world of the True Sith Empire.

Originally posted 02-11-2006 at the ''What would be the beginning of your version of the KOTOR 3 story'' thread.

Fixed! :D -RH

Archived