Home

How do i get the Venator in the game?

Guusje

Alright the Venator is in the uniqueunits.xml file and is called the jedi cruiser. You can then add it using the unit name in that file. Someone here with more modding expierence can help you from that point on, but if you expierement you should be able to figure it out.

To make something act like a fighter, it needs two things:

<SpaceBehavior>FIGHTER_LOCOMOTOR</SpaceBehavior>

That needs to be added in to the list of all the other space behaviors, of course.

and

<Space_Layer>Fighter</Space_Layer>

You can leave the space layer line out, because I think it defaults to fighter, but don't leave a line that says <Space_Layer>Frigate</Space_Layer>.

You'll definitely have to mess with the turn rate, roll rate, etc. and this is still going to look extremely weird for a ship the size of the Venator.

Extremely.

But hey, have fun!

To make something act like a fighter, it needs two things:

<SpaceBehavior>FIGHTER_LOCOMOTOR</SpaceBehavior>

That needs to be added in to the list of all the other space behaviors, of course.

and

<Space_Layer>Fighter</Space_Layer>

You can leave the space layer line out, because I think it defaults to fighter, but don't leave a line that says <Space_Layer>Frigate</Space_Layer>.

You'll definitely have to mess with the turn rate, roll rate, etc. and this is still going to look extremely weird for a ship the size of the Venator.

Extremely.

But hey, have fun!

Archived