Home

CANADA DAY

Jem

Guest Conor

I'm Canadian, and it is incredible just how prevalent anti-American sentiment is.

So many Canadians comfort themselves (several times a day it seems) with the mantra "Americans are dumb, ignorant, arrogant and violent. We are so much better than they are."

I hear stories of Americans being denied service (Restaurants and the like) in Europe, and Canadians will nod in approval.

It quite frankly sickens me.

Hey Nute, check this out, I did it specially for you:

canada3.jpg

I've sewn a Canadian flag on the forum!! tongue.gif

------------------

Yeah Canada!

<font size=1>

[This message has been edited by Jem (edited July 01, 2001).]

<font color=red>CA</font><font color=white>NA</font><font color=red>DA</font>... The country where the "5" on the beer bottle label comes BEFORE the "point"!

I LOVE THIS COUNTRY WITH ALL MY HEART, SOUL, AND BODY!!!

And I wouldn't want to live anywhere else.

------------------

We've been going about this all wrong. This Mr. Stay Puft is okay. He's a sailor, he's in New York.

We get this guy laid, we won't have any trouble.

-Dr. Peter Venkman, Ghostbusters

Originally posted by Conor:

So many Canadians comfort themselves (several times a day it seems) with the mantra "Americans are dumb, ignorant, arrogant and violent. We are so much better than they are."

I'm wierd. I say that about humans in general.

------------------

It's like I always say: When the going gets tough, the tough . . . switch to artillery.

If you'll notice in 1984, the three nations (Oceania, East Asia, and Eurasia) were originally the US (Oceania), Russia (Eurasia), and China (Eastasia). Even a non-american recognized the superiority of the US in the West.

I think it's time I get cracking on that whole "taking over all of North America, Western Europe, and the former Commonwealth" thing. Mustn't disappoint George.

Yeah, but just think,... day after tomorrow we get to rub your nose in all things American!

Pow! Bang! Ka-Boom!

------------------

As the days go by, we face the increasing inevitability that we are alone in a godless, uninhabited, hostile and

meaningless universe. Still, you've got to laugh, haven't you?

Sure... why not? If you can't blow up a piece of your own country... then we'll have to do it to someone else. Hmmm... who's closest? wink.gif

It's very cool that we have the freedom to that; get rip-roaring drunk and play with explosive charges. Fun, no? biggrin.gif

------------------

As the days go by, we face the increasing inevitability that we are alone in a godless, uninhabited, hostile and

meaningless universe. Still, you've got to laugh, haven't you?

Archived