Home

Blaster Rifle/Pistol Sounds

Feshk

Hmmm, Is it possible to change the sounds of the Rifles and Pistols to somthing ... oh say Less... repetitive? Or maybe a more powerful sounding blast for the rifle and a smaller one for the pistols? Im not sure on how to chnage the sounds, I tried it with the lightsabers but failed. Just would like to know, the same sound gets old after fighting so many Sith soldiers.... Thanks

basically, go into the Kotor Tool and expand the menus in the following order:

Kotor I (or II) -> BIFs -> sounds.bif -> WAV Files

now that the list of sounds is open, the files for the blaster sounds are as follows:

cb_sh_blast1 (blaster pistol)

cb_sh_hvybl1 (repeating blasters)

cb_sh_medbl1 (blaster rifles)

cb_sh_sonbl1 (sonic weapons)

since you now have the filenames, you can change the sounds to anything you want as long as you place the new files in your Override folder. make sure the sounds are in *.wav or *.WAV format or else they won't work.

hope that helps. ;)

Well, Its not working I get the same results as I did with the lightsabers, No sound just the animations, I got the lightsbaers to work by editing an already modded .wav file, So, I don't know what to do.

Alright I'll check it out, thanks.

I put them in the override folder and tested them and they worked, then I copied mine over them and it worked, but with serious sound issues, so Im going to try in "Internally" edit the sound file with Creative WaveStudio, and it should work, I noticed that my files are 500kb+ and yours are only around 17lb, that might be the probelm, bad formatting....

Eh, Collision changes would be nice, but they are un-noticed, and if they were they would end up too dramatic, especially the ones from the prequal movies, but maybe the ones from the Luke/Vader fight?

Archived