Home

Creating a Galactic Conflict Campaign without Rebels

usul

I'm working on a mod where the Rebels are in the game, but particular campaigns won't have Rebels playing in them. Now, to try to get this to work, I simply replaced a rebel campaign from campaigns_singleplayer.xml, and changed the forces from Rebels to my new faction. Immediatly after the forces load, but before the planet models load, the game gets an exception. So then I tried to replace a pirate campaign(from my mod) to my new faction, everything works perfectly. My question is: Is it possible to create a campaign without a Rebel faction or an Imperial Faction(I tried replacing the Empire too with the same results). The problem is I need to keep the Rebels and Imperials, so I can't just overlay the cosmetic factors of my new faction over the Rebels. I've been working on this for a few days and cannot make any progress.

can you provide some more detailed info?

for instance, have you tried leaving the rebels and imperials in the campaign, but just not giving them any forces? while adding your new faction and its forces?

More info would help with troubleshooting this.

T.

I just tried your suggestion, keeping the rebels in but no forces, that bombs it as well, then I tried giving the rebs a small force on one planet, the game got an exception ~30 seconds into playing but that may be something entriely unrelated. The things I've tried to do are to preety much take the a campaign from campaigns_singleplayer and replace the rebels entirely with a new faction, preety much changing every word thats rebel to my new faction. Doing the entirely same process for Pirates the game runs fine. I made sure the factions between rebel and the new faction are identical for all intents and purposes, the names and colors differ. I couldn't find anything in game constants. I'm interested in a line: <Campaign_Set> Sandbox_Empire_at_War </Campaign_Set> I have no idea where that reference is and I think it may reference which sides are playing. That's what I've done really, I cannot think of what else to do.

<Campaign_Set> Sandbox_Empire_at_War </Campaign_Set>

this is just a reference as to what campaign the faction setup belongs to. I dont know if you can remove the rebels or imps. it may not be allowed.

This may be a pain, but the first thing i would do is find the answer to this first. I would take a clean copy of the game, and change the name of the imps or rebs, and nothing else. see if it will work. if it does, then you probably have some sort of syntax error. if not, then its probably hardcoded.

T.

Well I tried to do what you said but I bombed on the shell map, probably becuase the map looks for 'Rebel' and 'Empire' so that obstacle is in the way. If any modder has been able to create a scenario that the rebels or empire does not participate in, but without replacing them, please post.

Archived