Home

Several news items.

The comic book store I went to today had some of the new toys.

I like the new Prowl. I just like the idea of a frickin' Lambourghini being used as a cop car. cool.gif

------------------

It's like I always say: When the going gets tough, the tough . . . switch to artillery.

[This message has been edited by Flying Beastie (edited July 19, 2001).]

Guest Thrawn

lol! Did they ever make a Shockwave toy? I always looked for one but never saw it. Iron Hide was another good character from the show. And Hound.

I think the only female Autobot is Arcee, could be wrong though.

------------------

"Noobies Suck"

ThRaWn90,RAL_Thrawn,SOB_Thrawn

Rogue 6

Guest Thrawn

Grimlock was great! And so was Omega Supreme.

------------------

"You'd have to use a ladder to rise to my level of crap!"

Rogue 6

Originally posted by Thrawn:

lol! Did they ever make a Shockwave toy? I always looked for one but never saw it.

Wasn't Shockwave one of the jets?

I remember Soundwave (the boom box), and Sinewave (the laser gun that Zoomie mentioned; some of the comics refer to him as Megatron's "brother")

Iron Hide was another good character from the show. And Hound.

The toy of Ironhide looked nothing like him (neither did Ratchet, of course).

I don't think they ever made a toy of Gen 1 Hound.

I think the only female Autobot is Arcee, could be wrong though.

In one (post-movie) ep, they meet a tribe of female autobots living under the surface of Cybertron, including Optimus' old gf (from back when he was Orian Pax). They're all dead by the end of the episode, IIRC.

Presumeably, female transformers made a comeback after the end of the Great War (there a bunch around who were upgraded to Maximals a thousand or so years later), including Stryka, the wife/partner of Obsidian.

------------------

It's like I always say: When the going gets tough, the tough . . . switch to artillery.

Guest Thrawn

I've been looking for Soundwave as a toy as well.

I have Starscream tho.

------------------

Rogue 6

Guest Thrawn

I have all of the constructicons biggrin.gif

I can't remember the names of the Autobot Jets that formed a bigger robot. Anybody remember?

------------------

Rogue 6

I think they were called Aerobots.

They were led by Silverbolt (no relation to the guy on Beast Wars/Beast Machines), and included Thundercracker, Slingshot, and two others whose names I can't recall.

------------------

Originally posted by Flying Beastie:

I like the new Prowl. I just like the idea of a frickin' Lambourghini being used as a cop car. cool.gif

yeah, but he's a ***** to transform. And he looks so out of place on a shelf of Gundams and Star Wars figures

I don't like the new Megatron. He reminds me of a purple Monster Zero.

I had some cartoons of them. I always wondered how people could fit into the autobots. I thought the complicated machinery would take up all the room.

------------------

"Dulce bellum inexpertis."

(Sweet is war to those who have never experinced it.) Roman Proverb

That, and the way they changed size.

A scene in Beast Wars (v3.0) kinda mitigated/retconned it, though. Apparently the Maximals have nanotechnology.

At the time of the original series, it wouldn't have been very impressive, certainly not on the disintegrating-into-thin-air level (like the binders in Ravage's ship), but it would have allowed for a little molecular-lattice flexing.

Remember a mid-90s TV series called Viper? Kind of a cross between Knight Rider and Transformers. In the first season, the Viper/Defender morph was done by hundreds of little hex-shaped panels.

If the transformers were built using molecular lattices and micronized technology, they could expand up to "real" size, and change weight and density allowing for internal spaces. A few strategically-placed holograms to "blur the edges" (i.e., cover up obvious gaps and add that "weathered" real-car look), and you're all set. cool.gif

------------------

Guest Thrawn

Viper can still be around here, but usually only on UPN. Which really shows it's quality when it's on late at night on UPN biggrin.gif

------------------

Rogue 6

Archived