Home

trigger npcs in circle

gweedodung

I want to have some shadow troopers appear in a circle around the character when he steps in an area. how do I do this? preferably the shadow troopers are invisable when they appear.

I am using GTK 1.4 but I have no trigger_once texture only trigger_muliple. In 1.5 I have both.

I cant figure it out but is seems so simple to do.

Cheers

Not used shadow troopers yet, but if they are set with a NPC_targetname, they should not spawn until triggered. There is probably a way to make them invis when spawned, like in SP game, but again... I have not messed with them yet.

I tried GTK 1.5 and found it to be full of bugs and many components did not work correctly. I went back to 1.4.0 and have had no trouble setting trigger brushes. Are you working SP or MP? The entities available depend on this.

I am making a SP level. I am unfamiler with NPC_targetname. I have never heard that term before.

Also I just opened my map in 1.4 and when I right click there is no NPC option even though there are NPCs on my map.

That is my other problem is I have had to import NPCs from 1.5 to 1.4 because they are missing from 1.5. is there a patch for 1.4 or have I not install something properly?

To trigger an NPC to spawn, build your trigger and place your NPC.

Then deselect everything, select the trigger first, and then the NPC. and use Ctrl K. This will automatically create the target and targetname fields to connect the two.

As for not having NPCs available, it honestly sounds like your installation is corrupt or not set up correctly.

Yes thank you everyone, my problem was that GTK didnt intall SP opions properly. If anyone else has this problem were they dont have NPCs and trig_once set GTK to MP in prefs then restart, then set to SP and restart. It is a glitch in GTK i have learned.

Archived