Home

Atris's Academy bug?

Rade Saar

Hi! I'm not 100% sure I'm having a problem, but something seems to be wrong when I get to the secret academy on Telos. This is only my second time through TSL, but it seems different than the first game I played. When I first enter the academy, I'm greeted at the door by Brianna and two of her sisters. I'm taken straight into the dialog about Atris and the Exile's past and finish up with her asking about the Force. When that is done, I'm free to roam about the academy. So, I go up through the council chambers and across the bridge. Atris is standing there with the door to her chamber open. I can walk past her and into the chamber. When I click on her, I'm transported back to the council chamber and Atris begins to walk down the bridge; however it appears that our conversation occurs on the bridge. Plus, I never see my lightsaber when she reveals she has it. When the conversation is over, it displays an overhead shot of the bridge like Atris should be walking on it back to her chamber, but she isn't there.

If I remember correctly, Atris meets me in the council chamber and I don't have to click on her to begin the dialog. I don't remember if I had been greeted by a handmaiden the first time I played the game, but I do know it wasn't Brianna. I had had a problem with turning Brianna into a jedi in the first game. When I would agree to train her, I would be transported back to the academy. No one else was there and I couldn't leave. I downloaded the patch to fix this from Team Gizka. Could that patch be causing the problems I'm having now? Sorry for the long post, but I didn't have time to write a short one. ; )

This has happened to me before and from what I could understand if you choose the lightside path here you will get the glitch that you have described.

To avoid this enter the academy (for the 1st time) with your weapons equipped and visible. Ask who there are and you will get the dialog - "drop your weapons or we shall take them from you". At this point you can choose lightside option (very well i didnt come here to fight) or the darkside option (no-one disarms me) either way now you should be clear of the glitch and free to continue on with your journey.

Also as long as you have gained enough influence with the handmaiden and fought her 3 times then there shouldnt be any difficulty in training her (unless you are darkside).

Hope this has helped you!

Archived