Home

Mod for Jedi Robe used by Jedi Order?

aerowars617

Hi All, I was wondering if there is a mod that adds the jedi uniform that the female jedi uses on the Endar Spire (the one who gets killed by a power conduit) and the cannon fodder jedi on the Star Forge? Its the white one with blue/purple trousers. Cheers.

AFAIK, there's no such mod, but it's easy enough to do. A little edit of the 'appearance.2da' file, and you can change the default clothing of your PC to one of the Jedi 'robes'.

Here's how:

First, if you haven't already, download KOTOR tool. Found here .

Using KOTOR tool, extract 'appearance.2da' from the following location: "BIF's>2da.bif>2D array".

Save it to your desktop or somewhere convenient. Open up the saved file using the 2da editor in KOTOR tool. The PC 'heads' are the ones beginning with P_FEM or P_MAL. The next letter indicates ethnicity (A=asian, B=african-american, C=caucasian), 'SML', 'MED', and 'LRG' indicate the starting class (sml=scoundrel, med=scout, lrg=soldier), with the number referring to the head skin.

Once you have found the model you wish to modify, highlight it and scroll over to the right.

The columns that refer to clothing are 'modelb' and 'texb'. Replace the default clothing with the following: "N_JediCounF" or "N_JediCounM" (F for female or M for male depending on which PC you selected). Make sure you put that in both columns mentioned above.

Save your modded appearance file and close the tool. Next, drop the saved file in your override and you're done!

I presume you mean for the first kotor? If so, this mod by DarthMoeller might be what you're looking for.

It replaces the standard kotor robes with those of the NPC robes.

OK, so I was wrong :) . Isn't it more satisfying to do it yourself though? ;)

BTW, if you do decide to tackle this yourself and are happy with the results, something else you could try is creating some special clothing (ie with bonuses and powers). Let me know if you're interested and I'll post a quick walkthrough.

cheers.

J.

Thanks jimbo and liit, but that mod requires cheating, and I wasnt planning to do that. Unfortunately, I wont have the time to play any kotor soon, so Im affraid I will have to pass on the modding for the time being. I would however be interested in doing something like this in the summer, so cheers for your tips ;)

Archived