Home

Small *cough* IE problem

Admiral Zaarin

This should probably go in the Tech Center, but barely anyone checks it any more.

I am having a problem with that piece of software we all love to hate: Internet Explorer. I long to rid myself of it, but I have yet to find a non-BSOD-causing alternative.

Anyway, I'm coding the base layout of a new site, and FTPing updated HTML files with small changes every few minutes. The problem is, (and this only started happening today, it's worked fine for around a week before now), is that IE is refusing to recognise any changes, and no matter what is done to the HTML or any of the multiple CSS files, the displayed page won't change. I know what you're thinking: cache problems. But no. I have the cache set to automatically check for new versions (I even checked the registry setting for this to make sure), deleted the entire Temp Net Files directory, rebooted about 35 times, and still it displays the old version. And I know the files are FTPing correctly, since if I download them to my HD, all the changes are there.

Anyone got any ideas?

Guest Rogue 9

The update cache setting your using doesn't work all that well...delete all of the files in your Temporary Internet Items Folder and Clear your history. this should take care of it.

Not really an option. I have over 20 gigs of utterly vital data that I have absolutely no way of backing up. Even if I did, it would be an awful hassle to go through for such an insignificant thing. Ah well, I guess I'll just have to accept the ultimate truth that IE is the work of the devil, and, no matter what anyone does, it will never work right. smile.gif

Yeah... I have to reload the page twice in a row if I want to see new posts in a topic since I last viewed it...

IE is EVIL!!!

------------------

nitrologo.gif

We've been going about this all wrong. This Mr. Stay Puft is okay. He's a sailor, he's in New York.

We get this guy laid, we won't have any trouble.

-Dr. Peter Venkman, Ghostbusters

I use Netscape 4.78 mostly, but I have IE 6 beta installed. They both work OK, but neither one is perfect. I also have NS 6.1, but it's worse than useless. MSN Explorer too. Junkware.

My favorite browser is what I am using at work right now: IE 5 for Mac! Coolest browser ever! If Microsoft could get a clue and make thier Windows version as stripped down and speedy as this one that's all I would ever use.

Guest Thrawn

Originally posted by Darth Sceltor:

I have no problems with my outdated version of IE. biggrin.gif

Nor do I biggrin.gif

Never get the latest version of ANYTHING from Microsoft until at least 1 month after it's been out, because there will always be some problem with it.

------------------

"You'd have to use a ladder to rise to my level of crap!"

ThRaWn90,RAL_Thrawn,SOB_Thrawn

Rogue 6

Archived