Home

Bastila Shan's Lightsaber In Padawan Roleplay

alanrha

I am looking forward to trying out Grif Vindh’s adaptation of the Role Play Padawan Mod for KotOR I -- http://www.pcgamemods.com/mod/7808.html -- some time next week, and I have been thinking that this mod would be especially cool if it incorporated Bastila Shan’s Lightsaber as it is placed in Clayton Wick’s KotOR Remix mod -- http://www.pcgamemods.com/mod/17107.html.

Although I believe he has been working on moving the single hilt lightsaber from the Endar Spire sequence, Clayton Wick’s original conception seemed plausible, and added an extra-textual richness to the story. Its presence suggests Bastila left her first padawan saber, the one that we see in the cut scenes, behind when the Endar Spire was attacked. The fact that the player character then finds it before meeting her further supports the bond, or pre-destiny aspect in the story that follows.

Other than that, it is an element of the story line that justifies having and being able to use a boss saber early in the game.

I anticipate some will say I should simply use both mods. However, (to my knowledge) currently it has been suggested one play the KotOR Remix mod only through the defeat of Davik, and save their game in wait of the next version of the mod. Although I am looking forward to that update, for now I would only like to have the lightsaber. This way I can play on through with the saber beyond the introductory chapters.

I realize this entails obtaining permission form Clayton Wick’s and Grif Vindh. I would be grateful if they were to grant it, and hope that the compatibility between these two mods is evident.

I have not yet learned to make mods myself. I will definitely take the time to do so this summer. In the meantime, I would be very grateful to anyone who would adapt these two mods. I do hope that as I learn more I will contribute as much as so many others already have.

Much advance thanks

If what you are looking for is a way to get Bastila's Padawan Lightsaber while at the same time play with Grif's Padawan Mod but not all the rest of the effects from the KotOR Remix Mod, then I could give you a quick fix.

First, download both mods. Next, place all files from Grif's mod into override.

Next, place the files "backpack001.utp and g_w_lghtsbr0S.uti" into override. Voila! You can now pick up Bastila's Saber at the same point as before, without the other changes from the Remix Mod.

Play through the game, and be happy! :)

There are no compatibility problems, I checked; you also will be able to use this for personal use without getting permission.

I hope this helps! :)

_EW_

Archived