Home

Question for modelers

Air Juggernaut

Originally posted by Air Juggernaut:

The T-34/85 is a russian tank of WW2.

Which would be why I didn't recognize it; the only models I build are SF vehicles and concept cars.

Nute, obviously, will be able to give you specifics like unit colours, traditional paint schemes, etc.

If you have a half-decent hobby-shop near you, you should be able to find some olive green, maybe mixed with some tan, brown, and dark green; maybe even a particular shade called "camo green" that's mid-way between olive and dark greens.

You should be able to do a half-decent camo patchwork; just make sure to get a bottle (or spray-can) of dullcoat in case anything turns out to be gloss. Nothing ruins a good camo scheme like a glossy shine. frown.gif

If you have an airbrush, try pouring the (thinned) colours together, but not actually mixing them; then spray the amalgam onto the camo areas. It won't look like actual camo, but the effect is really cool. You get big mismatched patches of colour with the edges blurred together like some kind of marble pattern. biggrin.gif

BTW, if you want to go for added realism, get some dark brown (or mud-brown), and (after the real colours have dried and set --and you've applied the dullcoat) put some thick, dark splotches along the tracks and underparts. Don't bother thinning or mixing the paint; this is one time you want air bubbles and chunks of pigment-paste hanging off the model.

Add another layer of dullcoat to make the "mud" look dry (and to make the armour look washed-out), and you're set.

------------------

"Don't f_ck with the Jedi Master, son." --Mark Hamill

Originally posted by Rogue Nine:

I build Gundams. tongue.gif

Currently on my "to-do" rack:

A 1/144 scale Epyon kit that I want to kitbash together with Altron to make Epyon II.

A 1/100 scale Wing Zero Custom that I intend to assemble "as-is" into Wing Zero Refit. All the customization i'd be doing would be internal (rewrite the Zero System, change the weapons, upgrade the computer-systems).

Both Epyon II and WZ Refit are from my alternate-universe story, BTW.

All I need is some paint, a table, and a 1/144 Altron, and I'm set.

<small>Oh, and spare time. I need that, too.</small> tongue.gif

(If I could find a White Fang Libra variant, I'd build Sally Po's Gundam [Ronin], and I may someday get an EW-era Serpent Custom to turn into Mariemaia's personal Gundam [Viper]. Unfortunately, Noin's Gundam [Pax Angelica] is a completely unique design, so I can't really model it.)

------------------

"Don't f_ck with the Jedi Master, son." --Mark Hamill

I build:

Tanks from Tamiya and Dragon

Aircraft (not more now) from Fujimi and Revell

Macross/Robotech from ARII and Bandai

Star Wars from AMT/ERTL

Is a great hobby when I don´t want to use the computer and it is raining smile.gif

------------------

"All your base are belong to us", "Surrender for your own good"

- Kanon Siege Forces, 2001

Kanon´s Robotic Facility

Most of the T-34 pics I've seen imply that they are ALL simply some variation of a dark green and the only real difference between them is whatever number got painted on the side.

i have all the parts I need to build my Gundam Demonhawk in 1/144th and 1/100th, but I haven't been able to find the time to sit down and work because of a few odd reasons. And because all my parts are in a box somewhere. stupid room redecorating.

Archived