Home

They didnt screw with the timeline!!!

Guest Jabba The Hunt

Guest Jabba The Hunt

I just saw a Enterprise preview on BBC 2 and they put the vulcuns policially against the humans!!! That was my greatest fear, humans and vulcans never used to get on until spock joined starfleet, but they kepted them wary of each other, the vulcan officer on board has been kepted a non-starfleet officer!!!

I dont know about the name but remember its a spaceship not a starship so technically they are still keeping with the timeline even if they name it enterprise.

------------------

"Getting Drunk is great you should try it sometime"

"I did once, I just cant remember if I enjoyed it or not"

jabbathehunt@hotmail.com

Actually, technically it's a starship wether they call it that or not.

Y'see, a spaceship is a craft that can travel in space, but is restricted to one star system. The modern NASA space shuttle is a good example.

A craft that can travel FTL is, by definition, a starship, because it can move between star systems.

Since the Enterprise NX-01 has a warp drive (even if it's not a very fast one), it is, thus, a starship.

It's just not a Federation starship; the UFP doesn't exist in that time-frame (Starfleet actually predates the UFP by about half a century or so).

The Enterprise is Starfleet's first "built" starship, but it's not even Earth's first. Before then, Starfleet would have used vessels it inherited from the Earth Defence Corps (or whatever it was called).

The NX-01 is the first starship actually built by Starfleet itself, as well as the largest ship to ever come from Earth at that point (but if it isn't smaller than the Enterprise "no-suffix," there'll be hell to pay from the fans).

------------------

"Don't f_ck with the Jedi Master, son." --Mark Hamill

Would someone care to tell me why the Enterprise looks like an Akira class ship?

------------------

"Here, people don't lock their doors, they deadbolt them, and then stick a chair under the knob."

ThRaWn90,RAL_Thrawn,SOB_Thrawn

Rogue 6

If you're referring to my post about spacesubmarines, they wouldn't be all THAT much larger.

Let's take an Ohio-class sub. You convert the ballast tanks to oxygen and hydrogen tanks. That takes care of your atmospheric life support needs (in addition to those already in place aboard the sub). The sound absorbing material in the outer hull would be replace with insulation. The screw and drive shaft would be replaced with a large ion engine, which would be powered by the waste energy of the onboard reactor. The torpedo room would be replaced with exercise equipment designed to help combat the stresses of zero-g. And most importantly: the MISSILE ROOM would be removed and would free up a hell of a lot of space that you could do almost anything with.

Guest Hans The Great

"Would someone care to tell me why the Enterprise looks like an Akira class ship?"

THAT IS MY QUESTION TOO!!

"the vulcan officer on board has been kepted a non-starfleet officer!!!" - What is "kepted"??

The fact that NX-01 looks like an Akira-class battlecruiser is my big complaint too.

The Akira-class wasn't produced until the Dominion War.

I really hope an explanation is given somewhere; the less forgiving fans are already getting into position to jump down Paramount's collective throat.

But, as we've been saying, the "Neo-Enterprise" should be smaller than the No-Suffix, and definitely far tinier than the Akira (who were near the same size as the Galaxy-class).

------------------

"Don't f_ck with the Jedi Master, son." --Mark Hamill

Well, it's gotta look like something! And since all Federation ships are all variations on the same theme (saucer section, engineering pod, 2 or more warp nacells), there's a good chance that the later ones were built off the early designs. There's only a limited amount of things you can do with those restrictions.

Bah, they could have made that configuration only apply to the Federation. What would have really been cool would be something like the submarine design from Seaquest: DSV.

------------------

"Here, people don't lock their doors, they deadbolt them, and then stick a chair under the knob."

ThRaWn90,RAL_Thrawn,SOB_Thrawn

Rogue 6

Archived