Home

Just survived a tornado

Keyan Farlander

Want me to check if you're really immortal?

I almost died 3 times in my life. And one of them was with a gun in a robbery in our house in Brazil, I was taken as hostage, I swear this is so true! I was only 3 month old... My parents were soooooo frightened.

Yep, I've had the gun thing too. I remember I made a thread about it biggrin.gif It's getting to the point where if my life hasn't been in direct danger during the week, I feel like something's missing smile.gif

Ah, but I live to see another day. The Grim Reaper has lost this round to the Farlander. So, that's reason enough for celebration today.

I've almost been killed twice: once by a tornado in 1985 or 86 or 87 (I don't remember what year it was. There were big tornados locally in all three of those years. And a hurricane in 1985.

I'm not sure exactly what threatened my life during the hurricane, but during the tornado a tree about FOUR FEET across almost fell on the house I was in at the time. If you can imagine how HUGE a tree with a trunk four feet in diameter is, then you can see why that was threatening.

When the funnel clouds first appeared, CNN's website said that it was "unclear what connection" with 9/11's attacks there were. HOLY CRAP THE TERRORISTS HAVE WEATHER MACHINES! THEY HAVE SUCCEDED WHERE COUNTLESS COMIC BOOK VILLIANS HAVE FAILED!

------------------

You're supposed to be dumpster-diving for ham scraps, you six-piece chicken McNobody!

Official forum Psychic

[This message has been edited by Taarkin (edited September 25, 2001).]

Hey Keyan, glad to hear you're ok. That was a bit too close for comfort for my idea of safety. My power just finally came back on, which is nice. Did they let you back in yet?

------------------

"Here, people don't lock their doors, they deadbolt them, and then stick a chair under the knob."

ThRaWn90,RAL_Thrawn,SOB_Thrawn

Rogue 6

Yeah, the daughter of some family friends was just coming out of the performing arts center when she saw it touch down, and ran back inside. It was pretty chaotic for a few hours all over.

------------------

"Here, people don't lock their doors, they deadbolt them, and then stick a chair under the knob."

Rogue 6

Either way, consider yourself lucky biggrin.gif

------------------

Rogue 6

Guest Jabba The Hunt

Technically I almost died before I was born, my twin brother was still born, so I had a fifty fifty percent chance of him surviving and me dying. (no we couldnt have both survivied that would have put way too much stress on all of you)

------------------

"Getting Drunk is great you should try it sometime"

"I did once, I just cant remember if I enjoyed it or not"

jabbathehunt@hotmail.com

Archived