Home

War sutra

Guest Zoom Rabbit

Guest Zoom Rabbit

Tonight, from the enfeebled cortex of the weird rabbit, some more eastern-style metaphysical discourse. wink.gif This time, I wish to address some of the moral, religious and geopolitical confusion which is going on at this time of world emergency. These opinions are those of one raving lunatic, and do not necessarily represent the management. biggrin.gif

'Thus have I heard--that the time of war is at hand.

'Jihad has been raised on the staff of a distant ship, and she is bearing madly upon us.

'A holy war, to cleanse the world of those deemed infidels by the self-appointed guardians of righteousness...

'In terror now does the world reel under that red sky, the horrible maelstrom that conflicting ideologies can ignite.

'That is the trap.

'Listen now my friends, and let us together find the only narrow path before us that avoids the maelstrom!

'Remember who we are.

'Remember why, and who, we fight!

'We Americans are only part of the coalition, but in our own diversity do we reflect the greater picture.

'We are the people of many faces--any shade of pink or brown, red to yellow.

'We are the land of the samurai cowboy, drinking Mexican beer in a French restaurant...the muslim sports star, and the Russian mobster.

'There is every type in America, and this is what our enemy hates.

'In the world that the beast would create, everything different would be changed to suit him.

'We...approach the world by accepting its different cultures, and integrating them into our own.

'Do not be fooled; this one point is what enrages our enemy, not religion.

'It is not muslim versus christian.

'There are christians in the arab world, and muslims in the west--anyone can see this.

'Let the veil of religious obfuscation be pierced...

'Behold now the true face of the enemy!

'The world has grown so large that our nations have interconnected.

'Our cities have grown far past the castle walls of our past, and thus left behind the protection.

'Teeming civilization, all free...without the control of a monster.

'Into this vacuum comes such a one; cloaked in ideology, a wolf come to carry off the fattened lamb.

'With terror one could dominate all!

'With hateful artifice then, the beast comes to tear down the temple of world peace and divide the children of Allah in His name.

'And he must be stopped.

'Arise, christian soldier--we must defend ourselves from evil!

'Arise, muslim warrior and sikh, for one would cause war in Allah's name!

'Arise, jew and hindu, buddhist and jain...for we all must defend the peace all our faiths teach!

'We must look the enemy in the face and not flinch, for we know that it is not a matter of God at hand...

'It is a matter of freedom.'

If anyone actually reads this rolleyes.gif I thank you for your time. God bless the soldiers, and the especially the innocent civilians of Afghanistan. I hope we all pray for their safety, and a minimum of collateral damage in their cities.

After all, we've been through that ourselves lately... smile.gif

------------------

'What's up is clearly defined as the opposite of what is down, in this case being the strongest source of local gravity...failing that, in space, what's up is opposite the direction of accelerative G-force--or, coincidentally, the same direction I happen to be targeting with these laser cannon. Die, b*tch!'

--Official forum space freedom fighter

Originally posted by Zoom Rabbit:

If anyone actually reads this :rolleyes

Yes, read it, this is interesting stuff.

Well done Zoom.

<font size=1>

[This message has been edited by Jem (edited October 08, 2001).]

Guest Zoom Rabbit

Thanks, dood. wink.gif

Actually, I understand. Most of us have Nintendo attention spans these days... biggrin.gif

What was I just doing? Oh, well. *(Goes and plays videogames.)*

Archived