Home

Graphics/Installation Problems

Xbx_Inthusiast

1: I own a legal copy of the game, so don't get me wrong when I say I downloaded a no-cd patch (which lets you play the game without the CD, a fixed .exe) I just have recently lost it and now I only have the game on my other computer which is heavily attacked by viruses. I'm wanting to change the game to this computer (which is high-ended) and it might run faster. I'm wondering if anyone had any ideas how to do so without the 1st CD.

2: Now, every time I start up the game on my other computer (I checked the viruses and none of it affects the game or RAM or Graphics) but it says 'This program has become un-responsive and has to end' i'm wondering if anyone have any ideas. Currently, I can't get my system specs, but I have an ATI Radeon Xpress 200 series graphics card and 512 RAM 2.56 GHz and an 80 gig HDD. I tried downloading the catalyst 4.2 and grabbing the atioglxx.dll and putting it on the desktop then uninstalling the catalyst 4.2 and installing a newer driver, but now the monitor goes black every 5 seconds and every time I try to install a new driver the screen goes out and I can't see anything.

If anyone can help, it would be greatly appreciated.

I'm wanting to change the game to this computer (which is high-ended) and it might run faster. I'm wondering if anyone had any ideas how to do so without the 1st CD.

If you have to ask, you probably don't want to try this. Unless your comfortable hacking your registry. But if you were comfortable about hacking you registry, you wouldn't be asking this. And if you are comfortable hacking your registry and still need to ask how to do this, well then you shouldn't be comfortable hacking your registry. Sorry. But basicaly you need to copy all the KOTOR related registry keys from one comp to the other as well as the game files.

2:catalyst 4.2 and grabbing the atioglxx.dll and putting it on the desktop then uninstalling the catalyst 4.2 and installing a newer driver, but now the monitor goes black every 5 seconds and every time I try to install a new driver the screen goes out and I can't see anything.

Non of ATI's X series cards are compatible with the 4.2 drivers. Maybe the 4.11 drivers, but I don't remember if the 4.11 were an X series driver. If I remember right, the x200 has shared memory and KOTOR has never behaved well with shared memory. In fact the x200 is not supported for either KOTOR I or II.

Archived