Home

Diplomacy

Grimscythe

I'm sure there's some way of doing it...maybe SAGEKING or Torpid can clue us in ;)

In any case...it might not have to do with the XML even...maybe something you can "feign" diplomacy by editing the LUA's somehow...anyways this is far from my territory, I'm just brainstorming.

never played Rebellion but i was wanting something like ig2 with eaw instead we got C&C which i guess i should have expected since the C&C team are the ones that produced it. Wish i was a modder but im not so can someone who is have a look and see if its actually possible to have diplomacy in eaw.

No it is not possible. You can't reactivate what remains of the diplomacy without editing the exe file which of course is hard to do. It could be possible if somone can decompile the file and then let us have source code access but that is not likely to happen.

No it is not possible. You can't reactivate what remains of the diplomacy without editing the exe file which of course is hard to do. It could be possible if somone can decompile the file and then let us have source code access but that is not likely to happen.

What's so difficult about decompiling the .exe file?

@EAWFAN: I realize that the LUA is for AI and Story, that's why i said it may be possible to FEIGN diplomacy by making the AI react a certain way, or change their diplomatic stance to you depending on what you do. For example, if the Empire were to use the DS to destroy a planet, certain indigenous people would become hostile to the Empire regardless of their previous stance.

Well ytr it and find it by your self. It is like doing reverse engineering on the aiplane's radar. When you don't know what is what and which variable is doing what you can always decompile it but you are not sure that it works.

Just try to write decompiler for eaw exe file and see by you self.

Guest DarthMaulUK

Let me just add that the communities cries for a game with diplomacy are not going unheard but any such addition probably won't come to Empire at War - but the futre - who knows.

DMUK

Archived