Home

An Idea for a New Net Game...

Guest Darth Miere

Guest Darth Miere

I have be playing with the Idea for some time now, With Computer technology advancing, and not to mention Access to the internet more accessible, I thought I start Piching this idea that has been nagging and tuging at my Brain. I am a big Fan of all the Xwing/TiE Fighter games since they Came out. When they Came out with XWvsTF, I just about Went Crazy, my dream of fighting some one else came true. Now i also like The Dark Forces Series as well, and I was thinking (This the IDEA) that Why don't LucasArts Merge the to Titan Games together. Not only that make it as a net game, Like Everquest. It would be like 3d shooting game/flightsim Game. This would be the Ulitmate Star wars game Yet. You could Jump From Planet to Planet, or to ship to Ship. Example your at space port on Tatoonie and your get a distress call from your Friend on board say a calamari Crusier. You can run to your craft, transport, xwing ect... and take off and find the crusier in disstress land on the ship, hop out of our craft and start attacking your attackers, or your on the Medical Frigate, and your ship is under attack by A squad of Tie Fighter, travel to the Hanger and take off on your Craft and battle the enamy in the traditional Space Battle.

This JUST The IDEA For this game and in noway in the works for one such game but think about it would be the Ultimate in Internet game the possiblities are Limitless, Travel to the Worlds of Star wars, Land on Imperial Cruiser and get out of your craft and start kicking imperial storm troopers butts Dark Forces Style.

relistically, this may not happen at all but Tell me what you all think and maybe just maybe you can get the ball rolling on this one...

DARTH MIERE

Yes, many people have brought this idea up, but the bottom line is that it's not practical for LucasArts. It would take a ton of development time, because you're more or less making two games (probably two engines as well). This would drive the cost of the product up, and so not many would buy it. To compound that problem, those who only like FPS games or only like space sims might not bother with it either. This means that only the hardcore fans would buy it, and that is not nearly enough to justify the cost. Now I would love a game like this, but there just wouldn't be enough money in it for LucasArts. Who knows, though - maybe they could figure out a way to merge the two and keep the cost down. Maybe by using engines and code over again, and things like that, it could be made to work. I'm hoping for it, but I'm not counting on it.

------------------

Keyan Farlander

"The obvious mathematical breakthrough would be development of an easy way to factor large prime numbers."

- Bill Gates

Guest alpha_commander

There is a new online starwars rpg coming out from makers of everquest (it will be a while though). It sound really cool, not sure about flightsim part though

Guest Fondas

In theory , your idea is great but practically there are a lot of problems that would rise.

First of all, such a game would need two or maybe three different engines. Although we;ve already seen that the fact is that they didn't deliver (e.g. Inca). Secondly, it would require a state of the art machine to perform and thirdly, Keyan's right; Company's don't care to make games for hard core fans. They want to go sky high in sales.

------------------

The only place where success comes prior to work, is in a dictionary ! TZG+7

• 2 weeks later...

This came to me a while ago...in order to make a flight sim and fps in one, you wouldn't have to spend a huge amout of time developing it. Why you say? Because it's already been done! Battlezone was that kind of game. Drive your tank thingy around for a while and then you can jump out and fight it out with the Soviets with your trusty laserrifle!

------------------

It's not good if the only shoulder you

could possibly have to cry on is the reason you're crying in the first place,

now is it?

Guest Rock_Lead

Good idea over all, but we have all the complications preveously mentioned. That`s all for today.

Archived