Home

Why I'm not signing the Obi-Wan Petition

Guest paulbarnard

Guest paulbarnard

Why sign the petition to bring Obi-wan back to the PC?

First off it was cancelled for PC for by the development team because it wasn't going to meet the standards/expectations of the PC Market.

The growing market that is console games has dulled the gaming market. Let's face it, grew and grew with games that would be substandard by PC standards. You grow a generation with lower gaming standards, and well they'll except lower standards.

LEC is a business. If the PC gaming market is declining, then they'll stop producing in that market. They'll go where the money is.

Your petition, will do you no good. They'll stand by their people's decision to cancel the game becaus it was crap and would not meet expectations.

I also read that the development team was having problems with the camera/views on the games. If that was true, then good. Some one someplace said, hey, we got a problem, the game's no good.

All these things point to a game that would be crap for the PC. You want to bring crap to the PC, that's your choice and your right. Sign the petition. You want high quality games that LEC is expected to procuce? Applaud their deciscion. Hope they can something out for Star Wars some time soon in the veins of X-Wing and TIE Fighter or Jedi Knight. I will refuse to support any measure that will not bring the highest quality game to the PC.

If in the future, LEC decides to improve on the quality of games, and some how can make a viable Star Wars Action FPS, Adventure or another Space Combat sim for the PC, I will buy it. Want to know why, because the same people who said Obi-Wan is crap and won't meet expectations put this new release together and are willing to stand behind it.

------------------

Paul Barnard

aka Bad Monkey

Knight Watch Shipping Corporation

knight_watch_2000@yahoo.com

kwbanner.gif

Simon Jeffory (Pres. of LEC) said he read the petion and was shocked to see how many signed it and their comments.There may be a slim chance it will be out in PC.

I hate concoles.I hate paying $200 for each piece of sh*t system that comes out each year.I have 'friends' who say that the consoles (ie: N64) is better then PC games.There are so much crap for councols that people buy then they would get better games with better graphics.The req. for games are not rising so it will be easy buying hardware for the computer.I dont want people like Sony and Nitendo to own the PC market.

Guest Scoundrel67

I submit to you that not signing the petition is foolish for the following reasons:

1. The press releases all indicated that Obi-Wan would be released on PC. Lucas Arts needs to take some heat for failing to live up to their word. If you can't back your word, then your word means nothing.

2. Signing the petition is demonstrable proof that people are interested in PC games. This needs to be driven home relentlessly. I'll never buy a console and if PC games are phased out by Lucas Arts then I'll be handing my money to a different developer/publisher.

3. Jedi Knight/Mysteries of the Sith are more than just a little long in the tooth. It's high time that their replacement was released.

I have not and shall not purchase any other Episode I: TPM game released to date. This was Lucas Arts one shot at my money and they've blown it--AGAIN! If they couldn't get it right for the PC that says a lot about the quality of their employees and their dedication to the PC gaming public.

Check out http://www.dailyradar.com for a bevy of interesting games that other developers/publishers are offering us for the holiday season. With the all resources available to the Lucas Arts empire and their partners, the Obi-Wan debacle is a bitter pill, indeed. What is going on at that company?

Sign the petition and give 'em Hell. They deserve it in spades.

------------------

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

I know the petition won't bring it back to the PC, that's not what i signed it for. I signed it because I'm hoping that it will show LA that many people still want PC games.

------------------

You were expecting a creative sig?

ThRaWn90,RAL_Thrawn,SOB_Thrawn

Rogue 6

Guest paulbarnard

I said signing the petition to bring out this crap game obi-wan is something that I would not do.

That is different then signing a petition that says I want a quality PC game that's Star Wars inspired from LEC. Fine edged sword.

Sign the Obi-wan petition and sign a petition for a game that was judged by it's design team to be crap for the PC.

I'm with Nute, I just want a high quality Star Wars game.

Guest Scoundrel67

Sign the petition and write what you've written here in the comment section. I'd suggest that you start your own petition demanding only high-quality games from Lucas Arts, but I'm afraid that not too many people would sign it after already signing the Obi-Wan petition.

Despite our disagreement over the petition, I enthusiastically endorse your underlying position that Lucas Arts should only release PC games that are complete, virtually bug-free, and highly polished in terms of gameplay and storyline. Leave the empty-headed eye candy for the consoles.

------------------

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Archived