Home

Admin Mod (they're better than you)

Good Sir Knight

Perhaps it's not the admin himself really, rather the author of the mod who decides to give the mod far too much power than is needed....heck how about just a kick/ban GUI?.

Any way I realize that this has been discussed before but I haven't seen a thread on it in the near so I thought I might bring it up.

I don't necessarily want this conversation to turn into a negative experience rather somewhere to discuss how mods can suck.

I'll start with mine, (since it's obviously what this is all about)...

I entered the [LOL]HOMEBASE, a german server that I hadn't been to and I thought it might be ff/ffa.

lol.jpg

you'll hear about GLADIATOR later...

I get in there and well yeah, it's a lame nf/so ffa_bespin map but I'm like well okay I'll just go in anyway.

My ping was bad enough, the motd of course had one thing to say: "Don't Lame" which I thought was the rules for everyone.

Judging by my 300 ping I decided that I wouldn't stay too long, I then had no real rational choice but to start 'laming' people.

Now I don't want to start bashing on honorz or there funny little rules, everyone knows I don't get into that. If they want to play with little rules on their server who am I to say.

Except on this server I couldn't even 'lame' people, something I've seen before but the admin and his little buddy could indeed 'lame' me if I tried. Thing is, you simply cannot kill someone that has his lightsaber off but the admin can.

When I say 'kill' I mean the very action of killing another player, not just a rule.

I think I touched their hearts though some choice words before I disconnected. :lol:

I've also come across some startling evidence of something I hadn't seen before. I'm not one to yell 'H4x..he hack me i mad!" but my information is coming from x-clan members so however likely that this is true, the server will remain anonymous.

They're running DC MOD and were(are) affording certain clan members a higher force level than the rest of the players on the server.

I took the time to look in the documentation and it's very possible >>

DC MOD 1.2 Documentation

amsetinfo /amsetinfo <player> <key> [value]

Makes you able to change or view a client's settings.

SENSITIVE INFORMATION CANNOT BE ACCESSED IN THIS WAY.

You'll be able to change their saber color (color1), their model (model), etc.

It's also possible to change force power settings, but that's mean, so I haven't included documentation for it.

Obviously I play alot of ff/ffa and it's amazing how many servers have these mods. You can change any property of any player with the above command.

You could script your own little power hierarchy. :worship:

Archived