Home

~ MONKEY ISLAND 5 IDEAS ~

ash123

Hi all lets make a list and post everything we want to see in MI5!!!! part 4 is my first monkey island game so if I mention something that's already in the others then.. whatever.

1.I want to see guybrush dine in at the bar, (alone or with someone) order food and EAT, order drinks and drink grog (I didn't know what that was at first but now I do.. hehe!)

2.swim in water (rivers, lakes..ocean, sharks)

3.I want to watch a cutscene of them traveling to another island while they're on the boat (like being on a cruise!)

4.More puzzles to solve!!!!

5.You know like, ok on 3D video games like dream cast etc.. I want to see in 3D and 1st person or 3rd person mode.. where you can see all around you and not just 1 screen at a time.

6.more funny comments and funny actions

7.I liked the lava ride in MI4!! make a roller coaster, a mine ride, or a log ride on part 5. something!!!

8.in part 4 I found lots of useless items, like the pirate stuff in the chest in that lady's classroom (in jimbalaya island) cut down on the useless items please. And the handkerchief,never found a use for it.

9.blowing up ships EN PLENA AGUA! BOOM!

10.multiplayer sounds cool.. but there will be alot of guybrushes..! hehe or we can create our own characters, that sounds cool

11.NO SATANIC THINGS (voodoo, demons,..etc)

12.Guybrush with new clothes!

13.More rooms in the mansion

14.I'm a tomb raider fan and I want MORE PUZZLES.. how about climb ledges and jump from one place to another? Hey, and maybe find artifacts. heheehe

15.Make the game longer.. how about put them in chapters like Chapter 1 : Guybrush discovers pirate-infested island..hehe! part 4 was too short!!! I wantesd to go to ALL the islands on the map

16.Dont make the game boring.. (i mean by going around talking to people for 3 hours until you get somewhere.. i mean like go in to different places, find items and solve a puzzle there..)

17.I LOVED the combats (the insults and all except for the monkey combat) The armwrestling was cool, put that in part 5 with more insults. I liked the clean insults too. I think I might try the arm wrestling insult game at school!@!!!!!!!!

18.needs some suspense..

*Guybrush has to die at some point (UNLIMITED LIVES TOO!)

*I want to see his boat sink and you know how in part 4 you had to solve a puzzle to move on *the ship was never going to sink or get blowed anyway) what I wanna see is, guybrush's ship gets cannon balled and he has to solve a puzzle to keep it sea worthy, and if not, it sinks (not stay afloat!) and they die..

19.please don't make monkey island 5 be for 1,000 mhz computers!(i heard that they are already out). Mine is 500, keep it low please!

20. more pirates

21.At least I didn't have to worry about dying or falling in the lava in MI4!

But he's gotta die. And NO RED LINES ACROSS THE SCREEN (showing his health)

22. steal items (hey look over there!)

come on people lets add on to the list!!!

maybe they will get some ideas..

Originally posted by ash123:

Hi all lets make a list and post everything we want to see in MI5!!!! part 4 is my first monkey island game so if I mention something that's already in the others then.. whatever.

1.I want to see guybrush dine in at the bar, (alone or with someone) order food and EAT, order drinks and drink grog (I didn't know what that was at first but now I do.. hehe!)

2.swim in water (rivers, lakes..ocean, sharks)

3.I want to watch a cutscene of them traveling to another island while they're on the boat (like being on a cruise!)

4.More puzzles to solve!!!!

5.You know like, ok on 3D video games like dream cast etc.. I want to see in 3D and 1st person or 3rd person mode.. where you can see all around you and not just 1 screen at a time.

6.more funny comments and funny actions

7.I liked the lava ride in MI4!! make a roller coaster, a mine ride, or a log ride on part 5. something!!!

8.in part 4 I found lots of useless items, like the pirate stuff in the chest in that lady's classroom (in jimbalaya island) cut down on the useless items please. And the handkerchief,never found a use for it.

9.blowing up ships EN PLENA AGUA! BOOM!

10.multiplayer sounds cool.. but there will be alot of guybrushes..! hehe or we can create our own characters, that sounds cool

11.NO SATANIC THINGS (voodoo, demons,..etc)

12.Guybrush with new clothes!

13.More rooms in the mansion

14.I'm a tomb raider fan and I want MORE PUZZLES.. how about climb ledges and jump from one place to another? Hey, and maybe find artifacts. heheehe

15.Make the game longer.. how about put them in chapters like Chapter 1 : Guybrush discovers pirate-infested island..hehe! part 4 was too short!!! I wantesd to go to ALL the islands on the map

16.Dont make the game boring.. (i mean by going around talking to people for 3 hours until you get somewhere.. i mean like go in to different places, find items and solve a puzzle there..)

17.I LOVED the combats (the insults and all except for the monkey combat) The armwrestling was cool, put that in part 5 with more insults. I liked the clean insults too. I think I might try the arm wrestling insult game at school!@!!!!!!!!

18.needs some suspense..

*Guybrush has to die at some point (UNLIMITED LIVES TOO!)

*I want to see his boat sink and you know how in part 4 you had to solve a puzzle to move on *the ship was never going to sink or get blowed anyway) what I wanna see is, guybrush's ship gets cannon balled and he has to solve a puzzle to keep it sea worthy, and if not, it sinks (not stay afloat!) and they die..

19.please don't make monkey island 5 be for 1,000 mhz computers!(i heard that they are already out). Mine is 500, keep it low please!

20. more pirates

21.At least I didn't have to worry about dying or falling in the lava in MI4!

But he's gotta die. And NO RED LINES ACROSS THE SCREEN (showing his health)

22. steal items (hey look over there!)

come on people lets add on to the list!!!

maybe they will get some ideas..

1.This aint the Sims smile.gif

2. What reason? Guybrush can hold his breath for 10 minutes... good enuff for me smile.gif

3. The overhead map is funny enuff

<font size=1>Not in the face, not in the face</font>

4. Of course!

5. They tried this in Simon the Sorceror 3D... it didn't work to well as you cant see crucial things...

6. YAY!

7. CMI had the rollercoaster of doom

8. the useless items are there as references to other things (like the LeChucki-chu collectors card)... & the Handkerchief tells you how to get the perfume if you smell it

9. There were ship battles in CMI

10. probably have some sort of humourous character generation (hopefully like the Planet Threepwood Characture pirate)

11. Voodoo has been a cornerstone of MI since Secret... they wont remove it, we dont want it removed

12. doesn't he change clothes enuff already (although some humourous ones unlocked when you finish the game would be nice smile.gif)

13. There to keep you guessing... you only ever got to see the main area in SMI (when you went out back, all your read on screen was large words like BANG, ZAPP, KERSPLOTT & the fabled 'No... NOT THE RED BUTTON.... BOOOOOOOM!!!!'

14. please... NO!!!

15. Acts... Chapters... same difference... & the developers admitted the extra islands were just window dressing to beef up the map!

16. the only part of EMI tht was vaguely like this was Monkey Kombat... i never got bored of conversations or getting items

17. Insult something-or-other has been another MI cornerstone (apart from MI2)

18. LEC have a strick rule with adventure games... the player CANT die...

19. Ive got a P200... how did you think i felt when loads of sites said the min specs were a P2-350!!!

20. errr...

21. see 18...

22. What did you do with the termites, the wooden arm, the cymbals & several other items in the game?

------------------

LUA Bar... Whats a LUA?

timmya.gif

Hi!!! Who are you supposed to be? And Why do have alot of negative things to say about my comments they are just ideas.. if they don't put them in the game then they just don't. I thought I said that MI4 was the 1st monkey island game that I've played. I don't know where to get the other one you were talking abut but I wouldnt get it online.

if i sounded harsh to you, then im sorry, but i was just stating my views (most of which coincide with LEC's views) & telling you what had been in the game so far... smile.gif

probably the only place to get the other 3 is online (although you may find Curse in a shop somewhere), so try the Lucasart store...

------------------

LUA Bar... Whats a LUA?

timmya.gif

all of these sound pretty good, keem em coming.

------------------

evosig.jpg

An advertizment for NFGboy:

Infomercial type voice- NFGboy, from Klingware international, one look and you are hooked for life. Your legs are jittering, your hands are shaking, sweat pours down your face when u see him. You lose your job because of all the gifts u wanted to buy him. Friends will suggest an intervention but u end up alone on the street, naked, hungry and screaming repeatedly, over and over, "I NEED YOU NFGBOY!"

Take the plunge into the phenomonon that has women around the world longing for more.

[This message has been edited by newfoundgloryboy (edited January 03, 2001).]

I have a few ideas for MI5 myself....

1) There were two islands on the Tri-Island map in EMI that we have never been to before. I wouldn't mind visiting those places.... what were they called again? Spittle and Pinnehpens????

2) Bring back the Scumm Bar. They took it away from us in EMI, so put it back. But don't put it in the same location--Melee Island, if you ask me, is a shell of its former self, withered away by Ozzie's corporate doings. Just relocate it to a new island--Phatt, maybe. Business would thrive there.

3) Bring back Largo LaGrande. LucasArts's answer to a sidekick antagonist in EMI was Pegnose Pete. Unfortunately, Pegnose lacked the color, audacity, and character dimensions of Largo. He just wasn't that useful. Besides, does anyone expect Largo to simply disappear from the caribbean, especially since Scabb Island is still without gubenatorial status?

4) Probe into the whereabouts of some older characters that never made it to EMI. Where's Captain Smirk (I'm guessing he would relocate to Phatt Island). Where are the Fettucini Brothers? Did their circus survive? Is Governor Phatt still alive and kicking? Did we kill Rum Rogers? Where are the men of low moral fiber? Where is Kate Capsize? Wally B. Feed? Any others I forgot?

5) A time interface should be implemented--you know, where after a certain amount of time, an island experiences a sunrise, sunset, weather patterns, etc. I'm tired of seeing some islands at night and some only in day time.

6) Read my lips: NO MORE MONKEY COMBAT. Hey, it was intriguing the first time. But compare it to insult pirate pasttimes, it just doesn't hold up well.

7) I don't know how many of you care, but I would LOVE to see the Dainty Lady ship again, if only for that hilarious talking figurehead!

That's all for now.

------------------

Signatures are overrated.

Archived