Home

2D vs 3D - with/without mouse

StarEye

There seems to be alot of different opinions on how Monkey should be played - with or without mouse, 2D or 3D.

Now... there's time for an election. Would you vote for 2D with/without mouse, or 3D with/without mouse in Monkey Island 5?

My opinion is: 2D with mouse

[This message has been edited by StarEye (edited January 03, 2001).]

Guest The Feral Chicken

I'd have a 2 or 3D hgame with or without a mouse. Hey, It's MI! Who cares?

------------------

That's the second chicken I've ever seen! What with me being a pirate and all. I don't see many chickens in my line of work.

What? Stop looking at me like that!

f_md_wht.gife_md_wht.gifr_md_wht.gifa_md_wht.gifl_md_wht.gif

i would like to see mi5 in 2d with a mouse. i think the SCUMM system would definitely work. monkey fans know and love the control method. it was perfect and made the possibilities seem much greater than in cmi.

that's what i think...

------------------

That's the second biggest monkey head I've ever seen! -- Guybrush

If LEC could get us a 3D SCUMM system, I would really like to see the game in 3D again, because I think the environment is a little more fun to be in and see what LEC can do with it. I'm not saying nicer-looking, it's just more involving. However, if this 3D is at the expense of throwing out the mouse, a la EMI and GF, then I say 2D w/mouse all the way.

------------------

Oh there's a monkey in my pocket/And he's stealing all my change/His stare is blank and glassy/I suspect that he's deranged.

Due to the stupuidly annoying graphic and text problems iv'e had with the 3D version i'd have to say 2D with mouse, Although if Lucas Arts could sort the problem with the graphics the 3D with mouse would be good!! Kinda like TLJ (The next best to MI!!) Wonder if they will bring out a sequel to TLJ, left it open enough too!!!!

biggrin.gif

• 5 weeks later...

SCUMM stands for Script Creation Utility for Maniac Mansion; as the name suggests, it was first created for the game Maniac Mansion, the first game that LucasArts created to use the SCUMM Engine. They've been using it (or enhanced/updated versions of it) for their 2D Adventure Games ever since.

As for me, it doesn't really matter if the game is 2D or 3D, but I would prefer having mouse controls.

------------------

eclipse.jpg

Vroom Vroom!!

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Dr._Threepwood

3d with the option of using the mouse. I like the fact of not having to walk. But sometimes the mose cursor can get anoying of being in your way.

<small>i like my new sig</small>

------------------

nnneeeeewwww.JPG

Please Sign my Guestbook

• 2 weeks later...

3D with mouse.The mouse made it a lot easier.

And be able to enable mouse OR keyboard

--

(I was actually the first to think of this)

------------------

Greetings, UNenlightened one.

[This message has been edited by Xtremonkey (edited March 16, 2001).]

Archived