Home

Questions about Replay Feature

gswift

I've heard that the next version of EaW will include a replay feature. I am curious about the nature of this feature.

Will this record entire skirmish games, or just small portions of them?

Will there be a utility built into EaW to manage and view them?

Will it work like a VCR, so that we can pause and rewind with a time display to mark elapsed time?

Will they show the entire skirmish map, so that we can scroll around and examine our strategy after a game?

If the entire map is shown, will enemy movement be exposed or will the fog of war still apply?

Will we be able to record multiple games, or will the most recent game overwrite the older ones?

Is this a feature that must be started before a match begins, or is it something that is activated/deactivated durring the match?

Generally, you have to check a box at the start of the game to record it.

It then saves the replay until you delete it. While watching it, you can play, pause, rewind or fast forward and it marks the elapsed time. You can choose which parts of the map you want to see (all uncovered or only the player you follow), and can even follow a certain player's actions.

That's how it generally works. Might be different in EaW.

That's how it generally works. Might be different in EaW.

Yeah, that is exactly why I'm asking these questions. I have seen how creative and innovative the Petro guys can be when they set thier minds to something, so I was hoping they would let us know if it will work like other games, or if they have come up with something new.

Oh, and two more questions:

Will we be able to switch in and out of cinnematic mode in the replays?

Will the 1.6 patch allow replays in the original EaW, or is this only something available in FoC?

Yeah, that is exactly why I'm asking these questions. I have seen how creative and innovative the Petro guys can be when they set thier minds to something, so I was hoping they would let us know if it will work like other games, or if they have come up with something new.

Petro people seldom post here, so it's hard to tell what it will look like until they reveal some official information. Perhaps you could try asking this on the Petro boards (if there are any).

Oh, and two more questions:

Will we be able to switch in and out of cinnematic mode in the replays?

Will the 1.6 patch allow replays in the original EaW, or is this only something available in FoC?

1. That would be a nice addition. Like I said though, it's really hard to tell at this point.

2. I personally doubt it, but I guess it would be neat.

Archived