Home

I read from a very trustworthy source...

that monkey island 5 might be a prequel. how would u like taht?

PS- I posted this in harbor, then i realized that it would make more sense to post this here.

------------------

Copy_of_filme___AL_BACK_FROM_THE_BIG_WHOOP_02.gif

Well, u know. the trip wasnt really like its showing, i had to make it comic... u know... no one kicked me out... well, just this guy... i mean an army of undead koalas and some evil forces from hell!!!!!!... and this mushroom... well the mushrooms were the evil forces of hell... mushroom, singular... ok forget the koalas... WHY ARE YOU PEOPLE LOOKING AT ME????? KEEP READING THE FORUM, NEVERMIND THIS!!AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think the series needs to be finished off before any thought of a prequal is thought of. I mean Le Chuck needs to be killed off for good, or maybe he can finally kill Guybrush and take Elaine and live horribly ever after on Monkey Island or something

------------------

flower.gifNatty

Doesn't the Voodoo lady say that true evil can never be killed completely? I reckon Elaine will drag Guybrush around treasure hunting now that Horatio's looking after Melee Island. It doesn't need a contrived story. Keep it simple, outrageously funny and throw in a comic book villain of true quality: Monkey Island 5

The Monkey Island Years

The prequel is very interesting I think, although I must say it can be hard to think of anything interesting happening to Guybrush Threepwood BEFORE he was made a pirate. How about if the voodoo-lady finally finds out a way to destroy LeChuck (not evil - as it cannot be destroyed) for good. But to do that Guybrush needs to travel back in time (for some bizarre and typical monkey-reason). That way we get a prequel and a sequal in one!?! Brainstorming... what a nice hobby biggrin.gif

an even more evil zombie female should be intruduced. And LeChuck should be afraid of her, and she would force him to marry him and move to Monkey Island for eturnity... '

and like that, you know...

------------------

stork.gif

"the storks are listening"

Now spammed more then 1000 times.

that time-travel idea sounds great. It would be a little weird for the next game after they defeat LeChuck for good. Imagining Monkey Island minus LeChuck is strange. But there are many advantages: Not having to think of new forms for Chuckie, introducing a cool new villain that could live on (or die on as the case may be) in more games.

In fact, just the first act of the game could be "Guybrush kicks butt for good" and the rest of the game could be about the new villain (maybe even get Largo back? he never was truly defeated if I remember correctly)

...and the way the Voodoo lady figures to kill LeChuck is to have Guybrush go back in time (before he ever proposed to Elaine) and prevent him from ever becoming a pirate, so he wouldn't be as evil, and he's not a pirate, so he wouldn't have his ghost, etc. forms. Then he could join Guybrush and Elaine on adventures and *live* happily ever after. (defeating all the badguys of course)

Magic grog? It's already magic as it is, it's got scumm in it! I think Guybrush should learn from the Voodoo Lady that he has to go back in time to defeat LeChuck but neither of them know how, but while Guybrush is inspecting floors in his 50 piece o' eight an hour job as a flooring inspector, he finds a floor that no matter be it painted, spilled grog upon, or what it will not change. When they decide to strip the floor, Guybrush finds a magical grog-portal underneath it and goes back in time! He goes to the part in MI2 where he almost gives Largo the beard, but instead keeps it, and LeChuck is never resurrected, and games 3 and 4 are no longer sold due to their never existing and 5 is only sold for 2 months.

That would be funny as hell... erm... have to be CLEAN... heckleberry. But, it would make me mad too. biggrin.gif

And, if the 5th game WAS a prequel and MI6 was a sequel, the Voodoo Lady would still have her contract, seeing as her not being IN the 5th game. Well, you'd have to read the fine print... ah, who cares? Well I do b/c I like the voodoo lady.

------------------

"Yeah, and I bet you helped her defeat LeChuck, didn't you?" Old Man on Booty Island

Why the hell am I not a Three-Headed-Monkey?

"Uh, just a minute?"

Stan

"You must have mistaken me for someone else. I am not a farmer."

Guybrush, in sword training

"Yeah, we are getting paid for this, right?"

"How appropriate. You fight like a cow." " You never did know when to use that one."

Carla & Guybrush

"Rum" "Jam" blank stares

"Jam" "Rum" blank stares

"Er, rum and jam. It's an old pirate favorite, everybody knows that."

Men Of Low Moral Fiber (Pirates)

[This message has been edited by SV742617000027LL (edited July 15, 2001).]

Archived