Home

Silent Hunter IV Screenshots released [Ya Rly]!

Dagobahn Eagle

Nice graphics, but I never heard of anyone who really played Silent Hunter, ya know?

:lol: I heard you have to take classes just to understand the ten thousand page instruction manual that comes with the Silent Hunter series.

I'd love to play a good submarine head to head game online, but one that is not too damn complicated. I wish they would make a game out of U-571, even if it HAS been a while.

I heard you have to take classes just to understand the ten thousand page instruction manual that comes with the Silent Hunter series.
You heard what?! Silent Hunter III barely even had an instruction manual. It's got a tiny little booklet, just like 99% of games nowadays.

I'd love to play a good submarine head to head game online, but one that is not too damn complicated. I wish they would make a game out of U-571, even if it HAS been a while.
Silent Hunter III wasn't too damn complicated at the lowest realism settings. It was quite easy to learn and play.

Nice joke. I doubled tak'd for a second. Nice graphics, but I never heard of anyone who really played Silent Hunter, ya know?

... I have. I'm not addicted but I've gone through around 20 missions.

You heard what?! Silent Hunter III barely even had an instruction manual. It's got a tiny little booklet, just like 99% of games nowadays.

*Looks at own copy*

Yah, 60 page manual, map of the Atlantic, and a useful Quick-Refrence card. I feel like playing it ATM because BF2 crashed when loading and I don't feel like playing it.

Silent Hunter III wasn't too damn complicated at the lowest realism settings. It was quite easy to learn and play.

Hell, on the lowest setting you just told it where to go and hit the Launch button. :p

Silent Hunter III sets a new standard both for this particular type of sim and for the genre as a whole. It hearkens back to the days of Aces of the Pacific, Red Storm Rising, and Red Baron II, where the focus was on simulating what it was like to be a pilot or nuclear sub captain instead of on meticulously re-creating every piece of hardware down to the last rivet at the expense of overall gameplay. That's not to say that Silent Hunter III skimps on the hardware modeling--the attention to detail is fantastic--but it lets you concentrate on the exciting parts of being a sub captain instead of saddling you with loads of tedious duties in the name of "realism."

--

Archived