Home

Please Read

Guest GB=BAD

Just let me remind you that it is a GAME. My guess is that the developers are trying to make it more fun, than realistic. If you are going to complain about flamethrowers and such, why dont you complain about the Naboo being able to fight against the Rebels, even though they never existed at the same time and are both "good." One of my favoutrite things like that in AOK, was the Goths being able to fight the Teutons, even though the Goths are the ancestors of the Teutons (or something similar, i cbf finding out).

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Luke Skywalker

Youve got it the right way roach, i think....OH god Why cant I remember. errr this makes me mad when I cant remember:mad:

Guest dlayers

Well, I for one have NEVER played a DEMO this much.

The demo that has ever come close was the Quake3 Test (which was ruined by the full version :) )

If you don't like it, we won't miss you.

:fett:

Guest Master Yoda

THE GRAPHICS SUCK?? ITS NOT STAR WARSEY???? What the heck are you talking about?? This game is AWESOME!!!!! This is one of the best SW games out!! If you want it Star Warsey then I guess you better just make a SW RTS game that has only Jedi and star fighters in it since they would be the most powerful units, Jedi can deflect blaster bolts so troops would be useless against them, and if they were in fighters they could take out any assualt mech(AT-AT) or any other unit you can throw at them!!!

"LOVE this game you do." (waves hand around.)

Guest WC_heavyarms

You are an idiot bad. #1, a flamethrower could melt durasteel. I don't wish to bring it up, but a fire knocked over the WTC.

Guest isthisfor_real

First I would like to say I spent a half hour typing this up earlier and Im not going to spend as long again but anyway what happened was, I loaded up another window to show someone the yankees logo and the post was all gone when I came back *goes and kicks the dog*.

Now is this a game a joke? I would like to post intelligently to this subject please do so with me, and I am NOT here to make anyone mad but Im here to give my opinion on this game so that it can become a better overall product as of right now they should scrap it and start all over. I have made a critical error already because I pre-ordered this game before playing the demo and the first thing im going to do when I get it is to put it on Ebay and if anyone is interested it will be one of the first auctions on there when the game comes out.

__Posted by maul403__

My point is that you shouldn't be trying to think up ways it could be done, you should be drawing a direct reference from a SW source. I'm sure it could be done, but we've never seen it in any SW stuff, which is why I say the game isn't very star warsey.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

just cause u dont see it doesnt mean it does not exist and if they didint make up stuff then it wouldnt be too fun..having no anti-air units/towers..lots of the tanks...flamthrowers...ships..subs...LOTS OF WOOKIES AND NABOO units not there........as well as Naboo....sure would be a fun game without all that.........NOT

AND all books written by authors not associated w/ the Star Wars movies are made up..chewie died..that was made up...lots of things were made up..hell the whole sw universe was made up...if things were not made up then we wouldnt be here cause there wouldnt be this forum because there is no SWGB because there is no star wars...i went a little far but i wanted to make a point

and if you dont consider this game star warsey then let me give you reasons why it is: empire, rebels, naboo, trade fed., wookies, gungans, lasers, atats, atsts, stormtroopers, dewbacks, tauntaauns, snowspeeders, tie fighters, tie bombers, x-wings, naboo fighters, lightsabers, bounty hunters, jedi, sith, darth vader, han solo, chewbaca(however u spell that),leia, boss nass, qui-gon jin, bongo subs, mtt, atts, battle droids, naboo security guards, dark troopers, shields, .............you get my drift

o post intelligent

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes we all would not be here if star wars did not exist but that is not a point. Yes star wars is made up and so are flamethrowing dewbacks! but the star wars units are naturally accepted the made up units are not so naturally accepted. The "made up" units are made up out of the realm of star wars. What this means is star wars is made made up but the "made up" units are even made up to the realm of star wars!

Yes all of those units are very star warsey but there are units which are not very star warsey: flamethrowing mounted units, dancing at-st, ballerina vader, rebel tanks, most anti-air units, all watercraft cept bongos(put an emphasis on this) ,supertowers, floating aircraft, many gungan and naboo units, and bout all of the wookie units.

Also many units are not accurately represented like tie bombers which hardly gives me any fear of an imperial bombarment. Also thought taun tauns would be faster than dewbacks.

What if you wanted a transformer game and there were made up barbie units!

Barbie: Optomus Prime let me do something with your hair!

Most units, techs, buildings are only in there because there were something similar in aok. For instance, the tech called faster motivater that makes your worker droids work faster is the same tech in aok called wheelbarrow. How lazy can you get? To make it worse how does a faster motivator help the gungans when their peons are gungans I believe. The boats are absolutly in there because of this. About 90% of the stuff in this game is absolutly similar to AoK.

The Aok engine is terrible at story telling look at how bad they told the stories of Joan Of Arc, El Cid, Atilla the Hun, Genghis Khan, and William Wallace blah! I have to admit that in gb when I played the Vader mission on hard it got considerbly better but its still ack! The shuttles should of landed with vader coming out of one and the map should not have been so aokish

I would like to go into more length but due to time prestraints I can't so I would like to say goodbye to everyone and maybe Ill come back to read the replies!Please respond!!

Actually about the whole no boats in the star wars universe, I beg to differ. I believe I have read about a couple of attacks on Mon Calamari both by the Resurected emperor and Admiral Daala. If I remember correctly, during both there was use of attack boats. I know that I remember someone using boats during a visit to Mon Cal. Think about it.....the whole bloomin' planet is water, they definetly make use of boats....and subs for that matter!!! I believe that Admiral Akbar hid away in one after the whole crash into the Vors crystal cathedral incident. Go back to your literature and read up before you say that things are certain. I'm not positive about all of the boat use....but I do know that they did use boats and subs at one point on Mon Cal in one of the book......the Jedi Academy Trilogy is what I'm thinking of....and the comics with the Emperor Reborn.

General Theros

Guest isthisfor_real

Though I never read many star wars books unless they were recommened I believe you. The expanded universe takes away some of the authencity and the boats on Mon Cal is a small instance since the whole planet is water and they need to put something in the book. All the books do is talk about technologies more star trek than star wars.

When someone told me to read the first book of the New Jedi Order series where the Vong are invading, I read it and then I stopped half way cause it was putting me to sleep. Right now I can see that book your talking about putting me to sleep. The book will spend 2 pages describing what the boat is like and its history then later on mention more info on it for me that is too much info on technology.

Though Im sure the boats played a big role on Mon Cal but overall it is not worth implementing unless your too lazy to change AoK a little because for me it detracts from the star wars. The gungans are suppose to be best at sea but in the movie I never heard them talk of a navy they just gave qui gon a transport. Their navy didn't help out much on Naboo did it?

The prob I have with the game is it doesn't feel like star wars at all it feels like AoK. The boats are identical to the ones in AoK except for looks. To me cannon galleries destroying buildings and galleries killing troops is not star wars. Vader having an army and marching it towards a rebel base only to find it is walled? And breathing under his mask saying "oh crap now I have to get siege" then calling two worker droids to build a seige workshop in front of the rebel base. OMG thats awesome now isn't it!

Actually the Jedi Acedemy Trilogy is one of the better expanded universe trilogies out there, but that is beside the point. I see what your saying about the lack of star wars feeling about some of the units. I agree that some of 'em feel kinda typical rts unit. But, to have made this game with just the available units from the trilogy and ep 1 would be suicide and would not offer enough variaty. Designing ships for the civs is hard because they are never heard of. But it had to be done from a marketing aspect. Also, I believe that the Gungans did have a great fleet probably, but it just was never mentioned...and never used since the entire battle in ep1 was on land. Boats tend to be useless w/o water! ;)

I only feel it takes away a little from the overall star wars feeling. Not enough to fuss over but a little none the less. When it comes down to it though......no one has to play with the units they don't want to....I'm not planning on using boats too often....I'll probably make maps almost totally for ground warfare....but if I ever feel like messing with the boats I can. Maybe they should have left the water units out and devoted all their resources to researching and developing even better ground and air units. (or air units that fly while shooting......but that is another arguement) but they didn't and I'm still happy with the product so far. I think it will be better that what we expect when it is released as the full version! :) Happy Gaming!!

General Theros

Guest GreenDragoon

Mhhh i read the article and must say, i heard a lot of ****! Must every game be a high end game? Must every game have ultra realistic 3D Engines, so you have to buy a new graphiccard to play? What about a game with a good graphics, good desktop, good gameplay and put some awsome STAR WARS in it and yeah you have GB one of the best games i have ever seen! AoK was cool but GB is even better!! The most important part of an game is the fun you have when you play it and not the graphics or anything else! Just think about it! And if you like STAR WARS you must love this game! Fertig Gott verdammt! :mad:

Guest EMPIRESPLAYER

someone just dist this game..............aghhaghagg i have shootin chest pains.......must sit down im blacking out.....help my heart........stopped..................:explode:

U SONE OF A B*TCH LOOK DUDE WE ALL KNEW IT WERNT GONNA HAVE THE BEST GRAPHICS and as for seein if a mag likes it before u buy it .......man that again sucks.......look i know were all allowed our opinion but that takes the mic......just go home to ur toys..........that were bought because mags said they were....(u know the ones i mean).........leave the cool ppl to their game and go.......:explode:

Guest isthisfor_real

Hey thinks for the replies and understanding everybody. Thanks for the advice General Theros and I understand what you are saying. Have fun and play long!

Guest DS_STARVIPER

Yes actually I was just at jedi councils forum and over half of the people in there dispised the demo and wont by the game makes u wonder if there doing the same thing that u guys are doing to GB=BAD except the other way around, yes they were flaming people who liked GB

Guest Muuurgh

On the attack on Mon Cal by Admiral Daala, she used Tie Bombers and some star destroyers from orbit to destroy the floating cities on Mon Cal. The Mon Calamarians had some defences on their cities, but they were taken out by the Tie Bombers. And fighters. Having read that particular series 3 times that I remember, I can't remember any reference to military ships. I haven't read much about the resurrected emperor, but I believed he used Giant Manufacturing machines, so it's possible they made ships. But they're not an integral part of the imperial war machine like tie fighters are.

My complaint is that they've made the game more of a fun game than a game that is true to the star wars universe. Not that that is a bad thing, it's just something for me to complain about. I like the fact there are troopers, and how it's based on AoK, so it's not a bad engine. I just feel that while they were modifying it they could have modified it more and got rid of/added stuff to make it more star warsey. Isthisfor_real said most of my complaints, and I'll I've done is pretty much repeat what he said in a different way.

Archived