Home

How would I make this mod?

SithLordAJ

This has no new models or skins or anything, there are just two major things I want to be able to do.

1) add a ground unit storage capacity to capital starships. ground units in the fleet should automatically board a ship like tarkin does. only units in excess of the capacity should be outside the ship. The units aboard do not count against your unit capacity.

2) add a slot on a planet where you can drag a fleet. doing this will start a ground invasion. however, I want to be able to do it this way and have the starships add units that they have conceptually 'garrisoned' aboard.

Although it would be nice to do a few more things, this is quite enough and done this way, seems fairly lite. It should only involve adding a bit of code to all land units that allows it to dock, adding a capacity variable to all ships, storing information about carried land units and 'garrisoned' land units to all ships, and a little diddy with the interface. It might be hard to make sure the 'garrisoned' land units carry over into the battle. Anyways, I'm looking for advice as to how to do all this: ideas, conflicts, solutions are all welcome.

the issue is getting a working capacity variable. "adding" variables is impossible at the moment since theres no access to the actual code. In terms of a fleet that could do both, youd have to make an AT-AT group have a transport that is like a star destoyer. So at the moment, 1 unit 1 transport ship, thats the best I can give you from XML, and that would be trivial to change its just <Company_Transport> in the XXXXgroundcompanies.xml files

Archived