Home

Description error...

Nopeleus

...hi everybody,

Newbie Alarm :)

When I have changed the Properties of the blue lightsaber (or any other item), the discription of this thing isn't present anymore when I play the game. No name and no discription.

What I'm doing wrong? Can anyone help me please...

Nope

When I have changed the Properties of the blue lightsaber (or any other item), the discription of this thing isn't present anymore when I play the game. No name and no discription.

Do you use a non-English language version of the game? If so that might be the reason, if KotorTool only stores the text for the English locale.

Hm I'm using the German version... :(

Is there anything I can do. Some kind of patch or so... It's frustrating to play the game without any discriptions!

If you aren't using any German language mods you can change the language setting of your game to English. This will not change any of the standard text in the game, or change any voice overs (as far as I know), but it will make text in English mods show up correctly.

To do this, open the dialog.tlk file of your game (found in the game folder) with a TLK Editor (TalkEd will work) and change the language setting to English. (If you use TalkEd it the "Set language..." option in the "File" menu.)

Archived