Home

[FIN] Darth Revan - Return of the Dark Lord

Diego Varen

Please feel free to leave comments here. Thanks.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Prologue

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The final battle of the Jedi Civil War was over. However it wasn’t the end, for it was only the beginning of Darth Revan’s reign. The beginning of Revan’s reign as the dark lord once again. It was time for him to see his new army. An army of Sith troopers and Sith apprentices from across the Galaxy. It was time.

“Malak is dead!” Bastila announced across the temple, “All hail the return of Darth Revan! The true Lord of the Sith!”

Revan smiled a crooked smile and stepped forward. There were so many applauding him. A rhythmic chant began, which became louder and louder.

“All hail Lord Revan! All hail Lord Revan! All hail Lord Revan!”

Revan turned to see his new apprentice, Bastila and smiled at her. Not only was she his new apprentice, but she had also been his lover for quite a while now. Bastila bowed to him. She began to speak.

“The Sith bow before you,” Bastila told Revan, “You have reclaimed your rightful throne. The Jedi Order is in tatters. It is only a matter of time until your Sith minions wipe them from the face of the Galaxy.”

Revan felt pleased. Pleased with himself and his new army. The Jedi Order did deserve to be wiped out, but the Republic, the Republic was a different story. In Revan’s opinion, the Republic didn’t need to be destroyed. Perhaps Revan could take it over and use it as his new empire, along with the Sith of course.

“The Republic fleet is decimated,” Bastila continued, “The Core Worlds are defenceless against us!”

Revan folded his arms over his chest. He continued to smile, as his gaze began to look over the surface of Rakata Prime. He could still hear the Sith chanting, but Revan began to walk away, Bastila at his side. An admiral approached Revan. This admiral was known as Admiral Aremihc.

“What would you have me do, Lord Revan?” He asked.

“Prepare the Iron Fist,” Revan told him, “Bastila and I won’t be needing the Ebon Hawk again.”

“What about the Droids sir?” Admiral Aremihc asked, “And Canderous Ordo?”

“The Droids will remain on the Ebon Hawk,” Revan continued, “They aren’t needed and Canderous has betrayed me. He has gone to resurrect the so-called Clan, Ordo. Now prepare the Iron Fist, before I strike at your head.”

“As you wish my lord.” Admiral Aremihc told Revan, before walking away.

Revan continued to smile. Bastila also smiled.

“Well done my master,” Bastila told Revan, “You certainly have an impact on people.”

Revan and Bastila approached the Iron Fist. The Iron Fist was a large flagship, which was similar to nearly every single ship in the fleet. However this particular flagship belonged to Revan.

“Bastila, keep an eye on Admiral Aremihc,” Revan told her, “He was too close to my old apprentice and I suspect he will try to wreck my new empire. Kill him and you’ll be worthy of the title, Darth Bastila.”

Bastila bowed to Revan.

“As you wish, my master.” Bastila told Revan, before getting on the Iron Fist.

Revan followed Bastila on board. Like she had said, it was only a matter of time, before the Core Worlds were to be defenceless against them.

Stay tuned for Chapter I Carth’s Escape

Chapter I

Carth’s Escape

Carth Onasi, was once a friend of Revan’s, before he fall to the dark side. Carth felt all alone. Both his and Revan’s other companions had been killed at the hands of both Revan and Bastila, when they had returned from the temple. Carth blamed Bastila for Revan’s fall. Simply it was because Revan knew that she would be killed if Revan didn’t save her. That was all in the past, however. He heard a loud noise and Carth looked up to see a flagship. That must be where Revan and Bastila are right now. Carth thought sadly, as the flagship left Rakata Prime.

“Hey you!” A voice shouted.

Carth turned to see several Sith troopers.

“You must come with us.” The voice continued.

“Why?” Carth asked, starting to feel angrier by the second, “Did your new lord send you all to capture me? Me, Carth Onasi, once a friend of his. Well tell you’re new lord this. Carth Onasi shall stop you once and for all!”

The leading Sith trooper got out a comlink.

“Lord Revan, an old friend of yours is…”

Carth suddenly whipped out his blaster pistols and shot the trooper dead. Then every trooper started to shoot, but Carth was very good with blasters and began to shoot then six men army. They all died. Carth knew that Rakata Prime wasn’t safe now. Not with the Sith armies using it as their headquarters. Perhaps the Rakatan could help him. He ran in the opposite direction. His only hopes now were to survive and to find a ship that could take him off the Planet.

After several minutes of trekking, Carth reached the home of the elders. This was where Revan had helped them, before his fall. Hopefully they would help Carth get transport of Planet. The door immediately opened and a friendly Rakatan greeted him.

“Excuse me, I need you’re help,” Carth told him, “I need a transport, so I can get to Coruscant and sort out this mess.”

The Rakatan said nothing, but let Carth inside. Even though they didn’t speak Galactic Basic, Carth could always understand what they said. The elder Rakatans sat and began to speak. Carth translated their language.

“We can’t provide transport.” One of them told Carth.

“The new Dark Lord has taken all our equipment and transports away,” Another told him, “We have nothing to offer.”

Carth felt ashamed. He felt guilty for their losses, but if he could stop Revan, then there was hope.

“I’m sorry to hear about your losses,” Carth told them, “Is there any abandoned ships?”

“Only the ones that crashed on the Planet,” Another Rakatan told him, “However Revan’s old freighter, the Ebon Hawk has been abandoned near here.”

Carth’s spirits went up. If the Ebon Hawk was here, then perhaps Carth had a chance of escape. And with the Sith fleet over the Planet, then Carth could escape perfectly. The plan was all fitting together nicely.

“Thank you,” Carth told them, “I promise to try and get you’re homeworld back to normal soon.”

With that, Carth bowed to the elders and ran off. They had said the Ebon Hawk wasn’t far.

Soon, Carth was near the site, where the Ebon Hawk was. The only problem was, a large legion of Sith troopers was guarding the Ebon Hawk. Were Revan and Bastila still here? Or was there something else, lurking aboard the freighter? Before he could get on the Ebon Hawk, he knew he had to disturb them. He ran towards a large rock and hid behind it. How could he disturb them? Then he noticed a small pebble, near the rock. Carth took it and threw it at one of the troopers.

“Go check what that was.” The commander told a trooper.

Carth heard the trooper approach. The trooper noticed him. It was time. Carth grabbed the unsuspecting trooper and knocked him out. Knocked out, Carth took the armour off and used it as a disguise. When he and Revan first met on Taris, they both used the disguise to get into the Lower City. This was different. Carth walked out as a Sith trooper and talked to commander.

“Lord Revan has just contacted me and has asked me to take a look at the Ebon Hawk.” Carth told the commander, hoping the disguise would work.

“Did he ask for authorisation?” The commander asked, “And what has happened to your voice, it seems to have changed?”

“Err… a sudden case of throat ache sir.” Carth told the commander.

“Okay then, but be quick.” The commander told Carth.

Carth got on the Ebon Hawk and saw Revan’s old Droids. The Assassin Droid, HK-47 and the Utility Droid, T3-M4. Carth took his helmet off. T3 immediately beeped out loud, excited to see Carth, but he told T3 to keep quiet.

“Query: What are you doing back here Meatbag?” HK asked rudely, “I thought the master had disposed of you.”

“No time for explanations HK,” Carth told him, “We need to escape and help the Republic.”

Carth ran to the cockpit and immediately set coordinates for Coruscant. He looked out the window to see all the Sith troopers alarmed and worried. Carth thought that they might contact Revan, but he hoped they wouldn’t. It was time to return to Coruscant and sort this mess out.

Stay tuned for Chapter II A New Apprentice

Chapter II

A New Apprentice

Revan’s words kept echoing through Bastila’s head, as he walked through the corridors of the Iron Fist. “He is too dangerous to be kept alive. Kill him.” Usually Bastila always agreed with Revan on everything, but killing Admiral Aremihc was a bit over the top. This was the way of the Sith. Death. Maybe some day, both Revan and Bastila would fight for the reign of the dark lord. That wouldn’t be for a long time yet.

Revan sat in his new throne room, looking out at the Star Forge and his large fleet. He knew that the Star Forge wouldn’t last. Either the large factory would turn on his new empire or the Republic and the remains of the Jedi Order would try to destroy it. Either way, one or the other would happen. A door behind Revan opened. Revan pressed a button, which swivelled his chair to his left. He saw a Sith apprentice. Like every apprentice that served under Revan, he wore the traditional black robe and he wielded a Lightsaber, but this particular apprentice was much more evil to the others in both looks and strength.

“You summoned me, Lord Revan.” The apprentice told Revan, as he knelt to him.

“Yes,” Revan told him, “I appreciate you for coming, Grivis and I suspect you’ll be pleased with the news I’m about to give you.”

The door opened and Bastila entered Admiral Aremihc’s chambers. The elderly Admiral turned around and began to shake. He felt threatened by Bastila’s presence.

“Is something wrong Admiral?” Bastila asked, trying to be as polite as possible.

“N… N… No… milady.” Aremihc told Bastila, his nerves rising.

“Hush!” Bastila hissed, “You have nothing to fear. At least not anymore.”

“Not anymore?” Aremihc asked, confused.

“Yes,” Bastila admitted, “I’m sorry about this Admiral, but the news I shall tell you, will ease your pain. Shortly.”

“I want you to spy on my new apprentice,” Revan continued, “She is taking quite a long time with her task. Do this successfully without being caught and you shall receive the title of the Sith.”

“As you wish my lord.” Grivis told Revan, getting up and leaving.

“Heed my words, young Grivis,” Revan told him, “If you fail this simple, it shall cost you you’re life.”

Grivis left, hoping to succeed.

Several minutes had passed. Aremihc wandered why Bastila was forcing him to wait.

“What news milady?” Aremihc asked, starting to feel impatient.

“I suppose it is time to tell you Admiral,” Bastila told Aremihc, “Lord Revan felt you’re death was necessary, for the future of the empire’s future.”

Aremihc started shaking again.

“Wha… What?” He asked, his voice starting to shake, “My death? Why?”

“Lord Revan knows your past with his ex apprentice,” Bastila told him, “I’m sorry Admiral, you’ll be missed, but easily replaced.”

Bastila ignited one the blades in her double-bladed Lightsaber and a red blade went through Aremihc’s neck. He shouted in pain, until his voice stopped and he was left dead. As Bastila left Aremihc’s chambers, little did she know that someone was spying on her.

Revan sensed the old Admiral’s death. He also sensed both Bastila and Grivis’ success. They would both receive the title of the Sith. However, Revan knew that he could only train one supreme apprentice. His choice would be Bastila. Grivis would be trained in secret. That way, Revan could have two of his strongest apprentices, create havoc across the Galaxy.

The escape pod crashed on Coruscant. The old Jedi Master, Jorran Corral’s escape pod had managed to crash right outside the Senate Chambers. He felt lucky to still be alive. At least, to still be alive after the battle with the Star Forge. He felt sad for his old master, Vandar Tokare and the Republic Admiral, Forn Dodonna had perished. Jorran knew that the Galaxy was doomed. Only several Jedi Masters remained alive. Zhar Lestin, Vrook Lamar and Dorak. Who would lead the Republic now? Only the remaining Jedi could, unless someone would take over. In the distance, Jorran saw the Ebon Hawk docking near the Senate Chambers. Jorran knew that Revan wasn’t aboard though. It must be someone, Revan knew.

Bastila returned to the throne room and knelt before Revan. Revan ignited his Lightsaber and a red blade lit up the room. The gentle hum of the Lightsaber accompanied Revan’s voice.

“You have done well, Bastila,” Revan told Bastila, “And for this achievement, I now pronounce you, in the name of the Sith, Darth Bastila.”

Bastila looked up at her master and smiled.

“Thank you my lord.” She told him.

Revan put away his Lightsaber and returned to his chair.

“Tell the pilot that I need to go to Kashyyyk,” Revan told Bastila, “An old friend must be seen in due time.”

“Yes Lord Revan,” Bastila told Revan, “However you must be aware that it might take time to get there.”

“Just tell him!” Revan snapped.

Bastila left the throne room. Grivis entered the room.

“Just in time,” Revan continued, “You did well for your task and will receive the title of the Sith, but you are to be trained in secret. You are my servant and maybe one day, you shall kill Bastila to become my true apprentice.”

“Thank you Lord Revan,” Grivis told Revan, “I can wait.”

Stay tuned for Chapter III The New Old Republic

Chapter III

The New Old Republic

“Carth Onasi!” Jorran called out.

Carth ran over to Jorran, the two Droids following behind him.

“It is a pleasure to see you alive!” Jorran continued.

“I feel grateful to be alive also,” Carth told him, “However I heard both Admiral Dodonna and Master Vandar have perished.”

Jorran head hung in shame. It was as if he didn’t know what to say. At least, not while the Republic was still in danger of being defeated forever.

“Yes,” Jorran told Carth, “The Force has told me that several of your companions have been killed by Revan.”

“And Bastila also.” Carth told him.

“Bastila?” Jorran asked, “I had no idea she had fallen also. Who did she and Revan kill?”

Carth sighed. It felt disrespectful talking about the dead.

“First, two Jedi you knew very well, Juhani and Jolee Bindo,” Carth started, knowing that there were several more deaths to tell to the old Jedi Master, “The Twi’lek Mission Vao and her friend, Zaalbar. The only good thing that has come of this is Malak’s death.”

“Malak’s death means nothing now,” Jorran told Carth, “Revan is a lot more powerful compared to his old apprentice. Now that Revan has the ultimate empire, nothing can stop Revan.”

“All empires fall,” Carth told Jorran, “Surely you of all people should know that.”

“There is no time to debate,” Jorran told Carth, “The remaining Jedi and Republic officers are coming up with a plan to stop Revan, once and for all.”

“Let’s get going.” Carth said, hoping to help.

The Senate Chambers was a large place, where both Admiral Dodonna and Master Vandar had debated on serious matters, along with other important figures of the Republic and the Jedi Order. Now, most of the important figures had gone to fight, against the Star Forge, but every single one had perished. Jorran and Carth entered the Senate Chambers and were greeted by Master Vrook.

“It’s about time you two showed up!” He snapped.

“Patience Master.” Jorran told him, remaining calm.

“Don’t tell me calm!” He continued, “The Galaxy is under threat and you were outside discussing amongst yourselves.”

“I’m sorry about Master Vrook,” Master Zhar told them, “I’m afraid he is angry with the outcome of the war.”

“Didn’t I tell you that Darth Revan would return and nobody would believe me?” Vrook asked.

“He has a point.” Carth added, remembering when Revan was first being tested for becoming a Jedi.

“There isn’t time now,” Master Dorak told them, “We need a new Admiral and since nobody is around, Carth is the only person to do this.”

“Really?” Carth asked, “I don’t think that…”

“I think so,” Jorran told him, “You’re the obvious choice.”

“Be cautious though,” Zhar warned, “I sense Revan above Coruscant. The final battle shall be decided there.”

“It is time,” Carth said, “Time to defeat Revan and his empire.”

The End

Archived