Home

Freezing Up During Initial Cutscreen

Xechorizo

Here's my hardware:

Mainboard : Asus P5WD2-Premium

Chipset : Intel i955X

Processor : Intel Pentium D 930 @ 3000 MHz

Physical Memory : 2048 MB (2 x 1024 DDR2-SDRAM )

Video Card : Nvidia Corp GeForce 6800 Series GPU [bR02.1]

Operating System : Microsoft Windows XP Professionnal 5.01.2600 Service Pack 2

DirectX : Version 9.0c

The game installs and runs just fine, the intro starts up and everything. After he takes off his robe in his office and a message comes in from the vacuum tube, I'm able to walk him over to it and open the letter. The game then freezes. No white lines or crashing, just continuous music and nothing happens.

I've heard this game dislikes newer processors. I've already run the patch on it, though. I even tried installing this on a Win98 VMWare, but emulation dislikes games.

Any help would be appreciated :)

its hard to pin point your problem to a specific cause but make sure you've read the 'sticky' thread and tried everything suggested.

if you're thinking it could be to do with your processor speed, try using something like this program to slow the speed while you're playing the game

http://www.majorgeeks.com/CPU_Speed_Adjuster_d5160.html

also having directx 9.0c installed isnt as great as you might think for playing GF, try rolling back to version 6 if you can. thats what GF was intended to run on when it was released. i know its a bit of a ball ache doing this but its something to try...sometimes that solves the problem...

let us know how you go on :p

Archived