Home

Replace G0-T0 with Dustil

If someone would like to take on the job of converting my and Jiara's Dustil NPC mod to replace G0-T0, I'd be willing to allow it to a degree--there is a LOT of content in it that's something we wouldn't want changed, but I couldn't care less if he replaced G0-T0 instead of HK. I'd be perfectly happy with that. Personally, however, I would be irritated if anyone did a conversion on it and then added darkside Dustil content, since it's part of the mod plot, if you will, that his alignment isn't affected by Exile's.

Of course, if you or someone else want to tear the scripts, dialogue files, and .ut* apart and work something out that doesn't involve our mod's dialogue or any of our mod's cutscenes (or the recolors on Dustil's default clothes and armor, the basic stuff that friendly modders don't use out of other's mods without asking), you can do that easier than converting an existing mod. If said someone liked and wants to use my Dustil PC's DS transitions, I'm sure I wouldn't mind if they asked, provided the recruit mod was a new one. The sources are in the mod for that reason. So if you or someone else would like to use our Dustil recruit mod as a guide to make a new one, go right ahead :)

Edit: It would be hard to do any VO for a Dustil recruit mod. No spoken Dustil lines exist in K2, which does allow for someone to voice Dustil him/herself, but for interactions with characters other than Exile, T3, or Hanharr, it would be very difficult.

If someone would like to take on the job of converting my and Jiara's Dustil NPC mod to replace G0-T0, I'd be willing to allow it to a degree--there is a LOT of content in it that's something we wouldn't want changed, but I couldn't care less if he replaced G0-T0 instead of HK. I'd be perfectly happy with that. Personally, however, I would be irritated if anyone did a conversion on it and then added darkside Dustil content, since it's part of the mod plot, if you will, that his alignment isn't affected by Exile's.

Hey, If you would let me, I'd love to take a crack at making Dustil replacing G0-T0, I love this mod, but I was dissapointed when it replaced HK-47, being as HK is my favorite one that can be used... so if you will let me know.

Sure. If you can do it, I'd be perfectly happy with it. There's very little dialogue that would need to be changed--specifically, G0-T0 has one interaction with Dustil that would need to be changed (just do a flip flop on HK and G0-T0 on that one--it's where Dustil says he doesn't want to talk with HK around--only said because Dustil's speaker tag for dialogue it HK's, so I couldn't have them talk to each other.) There are a lot of under-the-hood changes to make to do it, but if you get that done and then go on to prevent Dustil from speaking G0-T0 lines with modified versions of the custom conditional scripts (c_con_dustilpm and c_con_whateverG0-T0'siscalled--you could change HK's custom conditional to G0-T0 fairly easy), there shouldn't be much left. You might have to make new versions or comment out G0-T0's cutscenes. I dunno how involved that would be, but you could leave HK's duplicate cutscenes in place, since they wouldn't trigger if HK is recruited.

It'll take a lot of work to do, but most of the hair-tearing has already been done (although there is a bug I need to address with a minor dialogue). If you do decide to convert it, just don't change the creative content of the mod except where you have to (such as the line I mentioned where Dustil won't talk to HK) and don't add any content, and we'll be cool with it. I might even prefer it myself for all the use I ever get out of G0-T0 ;)

If it works out, maybe we could provide them together, and let people installing the mod choose which version they want--the replace HK version or the replace G0-T0 version. Something like that.

If RevanSithMaster is going to try to convert Jiara and my mod to replace G0-T0, no, there would be no speaking. It would be flat out impossible. There's WAY to much unique dialogue with almost all the characters to pull it off.

If someone makes an entirely new mod with Dustil as a recruitable NPC, there could be speaking if the modder was very careful and recorded their own lines for Dustil.

Actually, there may be an easier way, I may be able to change G0-T0 into HK-47 and change the dialoge.... and change HK into G0-T0, unless you want two HK's around! I will not post this on any website, unless you give me permission to do so.... I'll send you the file, PM me your email address.:bounce1: All Hail Princess Artemis and Jiara:worship:

I think having it posted n filefront would be ok, since that's where the original was posted, but i'm not the one to decide that, so...

PS:If you switched G0-T0 with Hk and vice-versa, would that mean that you would get Hk from the Nar Shadaa mission and G0-T0 from collecting parts? That would be a little weird...

I think having it posted n filefront would be ok, since that's where the original was posted, but i'm not the one to decide that, so...

PS:If you switched G0-T0 with Hk and vice-versa, would that mean that you would get Hk from the Nar Shadaa mission and G0-T0 from collecting parts? That would be a little weird...

Uh........ well yeah, but that's what I did and since you don't have to re-build HK then you won't have to have G0-T0

Well yeah, I did I think, I'm pretty sure I did......... If not contact me when someone gets the Mod up..... my e-mail is in the read-me(for that reason and other reasons, like in case the dialouge doesn't work.) Do not hesitate to e-mail me.

Ummmmmmmmm......... I still haven't heard from Princess Artemis, but when I do, I'll PM you the site and I'll post it on here

• 3 weeks later...

Oh geez! Some mail must have gotten lost along the way! I'm sorry you haven't heard from me. Changing G0-T0 into HK is a pretty slick trick to get around changing all the dialogue!

I'd like to see what you ended up doing myself. Again, I'm very sorry you hadn't heard from me, my mail program must have gobbled any contact up. So yeah, post it (Jiara and I still have our names on it, yeah?) I doubt I'll install it, but I'd like a peek at the files.

I'd like to host it on my site as well, if that's all right.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived