Home

Star Destroyer Map?

MrPoe

Why hasn't anyone made a canonical Star Destroyer map? I've seen many great maps that recreate some of the locations in the films in terrific detail, but I've seen nothing like this for a Star Destroyer.

There have been attempts. There's one here but the bridge looks nothing like an ISD bridge. There's another from "Jedi Outcast", but not exactly canonical. Someone has made one for

, but I'm not subscribing to SWG just to use it! Anyone know if there's one in the works for Jedi Academy or Jedi Outcast?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, you realize how BIG star destroyers are? We are talking something that is something like 1-2 kilometers long....hang on i will get the stats

according to the star wars databank they are 1600 meters long! That over a mile.

And there are proabably miles and miles of corridors and walkways within - that alone would be far too much to compile.

You would have to break the map up into MANY other maps. Perhaps one for each deack, and sometimes two per deack.

At the very least to realisticly do it you would have to make about 60 maps or more.

Now I saw this guy's map of an Imperial Dreadnaught. That was a fine map, but even it was too small. There were only like four decks. Imperial Dreadnaughts are 600 meters long. Thats the size of the Enterprise-D.

If you wanted to map an entire ship in ONE map something like a Corellian Corvette would be realistic, maybe a maruader cruiser, and MAYBE a Nebulon B frigate, which is 300 meters long, you might could break it up though.

A Star Destroyer map doesn't have to contain every single cubic foot of the ship! The major sections would be fine; the bridge, one of the engine rooms, turbolaser fire control, barracks, mess, detention area, etc. I've seen huge maps before that would easily compliment a Star Destroyer.

I'm really surprised no one's made the bridge at least! It's an iconic set; especially when you consider people have made Death Star and Kamino maps!

Fortunately (for my machinima fan film) a modder has made a terrific ISD bridge map that I'll be using.

• 1 month later...

i would be happy to create a star destroyer map if some one gave me some time to create it and watch the movies to mske it really close to the real deal.

A Star Destroyer map doesn't have to contain every single cubic foot of the ship! The major sections would be fine; the bridge, one of the engine rooms, turbolaser fire control, barracks, mess, detention area, etc. I've seen huge maps before that would easily compliment a Star Destroyer.

I'm really surprised no one's made the bridge at least! It's an iconic set; especially when you consider people have made Death Star and Kamino maps!

Fortunately (for my machinima fan film) a modder has made a terrific ISD bridge map that I'll be using.

Thats no fun!

but anyway , yes i suppose not every cubic meter of the thing has to be mapped - not every crew quarters etc. Still - if you've ever been on on aircraft carrier or other big navel ship - which are just a fraction of the size of an ISD - you would relaize how tremendous such a map might be.

Archived