Home

Kotor 2: Door bug on Nar Shaddaa?

innocent

On Nar Shaddaa, there are two doors directly across from Pylon 2 in the Docks. One leads to the Flophouse, the other one leads somewhere too... but I can't open the door. It's not that it's locked; I can't even select it. It's like it's part of the wall. I know there is something on the other side, as I can see a corridor leading away on my map. The corridor has some rooms and other things I can't see on the map, and eventually it leads back to another door near where Vogga the Hutt's den is. This door is the same as the other: it can't be selected at all.

I'm running the PC version of Kotor II, patched up to 2.1 on a 2.6 GHz Pentium 4, and an ATI X1600 Pro with Catalyst 6.11. Some help, please?

Well yeah, you shouldn't be able to access it, it's just there for looks.... it was gonna be another part of the game, but due to Obsidian being rushed it got shut off, I'm sure that a modder out there could open it but all that will be there is Pitch Black unless they add a new room to it.

By the way, Welcome to the Forums..... :waive1:

At first I thought this would be about that one door inside the Nar Shaddaa droid warehouse. Your journal entry actually recommends that you (as T3-M4) bash this door down instead of solving the puzzle that unlocks it, but one time I tried to open the door I didn't get the actual "Bash" option at all and had to do it the hard way.

As for that door in the docks, it is cut content that I believe will be restored once The Sith Lords Restoration Project is done.

Yeah, I have noticed that there are several parts of the game that are just sort of "cut off" like that, or missions that seem to be truncated suddenly, etc. I thought that the release of version 2.1 would mean that most of that stuff had been fixed from 1.0b, but I guess not. :(

Any idea when the Restoration Project will be complete/where can I find out more about it?

Anyway, thanks for the help.

Edit: Nevermind about the Restoration question. I found the official site. :)

Archived