Home

Installation problem - Cannot get past the title screen!

King_Stannis

Okay, when I install the game everything seems to go fine. When I start the game, everything appears to be alright, too. The Lucas/Petroglyph logos look good. Until you get to the cockpit main menu screen. Then the sound starts to skip, the screen winks out for a second and then I get some funky shapes and colors below. I have the latest DirectX (9.0c), and I downloaded the latest drivers for my NVidia graphics card. The system test with the game showed that I have all the requirements (my computer is an eMachine T3256).

I tried to do one of those launch analysis reports, but when I try to do that (I am clicking on the EXE file of CD #1, that is in my CD-Rom drive), it is telling me that it can't get the report because it can't find the binkw32.dll file. When I do a search for that file, I do find it on my C drive in the gamedata folder I believe.

I'd appreciate any help or suggestions. I'm not too tech savvy, and an 8 year old kid is waiting on pins and needles for the game to be installed). :)

empireatwarscreenshot.jpg

Archived