Home

Fighting style...

das873

Hello everybody!

I write from Italy and I'm new in this forum! (sorry for my English)

I started playing JA once again. When I arrived to the point in witch I have to progress in the fighting style, I have chosen the "hard" fighting style instead of the quick one.

Looking in the "force example section" it is shown that with this style, the "kata" (ctrl+alt) attack looks like the tipical quick rotating of the saber in front and on the back of the jedi. But my kata attack is still the "average" one.

Is It possible to change this type of attack (during the game, for istances using the cheats)?

I recommend click on CONTROLS in the ingame menu and change the key that select saber styles, from the default, which is L, to a button that is more accessible, eg. mouse wheel. When you get better you will need to change stances on the fly and you'd want to be able to do that without having to move your hand too much.

On a separate note, you should avoid using katas as they are predictable in its movements and leaves you open for a short period of time at its completion as you remain motionless thus easily allowing other people to do a significant amount of damage to you, if not kill you.

I recommend click on CONTROLS in the ingame menu and change the key that select saber styles, from the default, which is L, to a button that is more accessible, eg. mouse wheel. When you get better you will need to change stances on the fly and you'd want to be able to do that without having to move your hand too much.

On a separate note, you should avoid using katas as they are predictable in its movements and leaves you open for a short period of time at its completion as you remain motionless thus easily allowing other people to do a significant amount of damage to you, if not kill you.

I completely agree with that. Eventually, you will want to be able to switch styles quickly (works well to confuse the enemy). Just go to the controls and select whatever button you want it to be. I use the mousewheel; that way, I never have to take my hand off the mouse. Also, about the katas, I would suggest that you do not use it. As thehomicidalegg said, the motions are predictable and leave you wide open to attack. And people will call you a "kata spammer" and a "n00b" if you use it too often.

Archived