Home

Grim Fandango Network mistakes

SeaTurtle

Sorry if this is the wrong place to put this, but one of the mistakes on the Grim Fandango Network mistakes page seems to be wrong.

Mistake #2:

During the introduction, Eva tells Manny that his boss - Don Copal - wishes to speak to him when he has returned from his trip out of town. One has to question why she later believes that Don is still in his office, when she has clearly demonstrated that she knows he's out. Why did he even bother constructing the tie-rope to escape the building?

Now, at first glance this seems to be correct BUT surely Don doesn't have to have been out of town all day? Couldn't Eva believe that he is in his office when she speaks to Manny, thinking that he will be going on his trip later that day?

Sorry, I haven't explained it very well. Hopefully someone will understand what I mean.

I do see what you mean... you could be right, it just depends on how you interprit her comment. It just seems illogical that Don wouldn't talk to Manny straight away if he wasn't out on a trip - Eva knows he doesn't do much, she makes a comment about crosswords at one point. Are there any other lines of dialogue which suggest she knows he's out of his office?

Archived