Home

Texturing problems

MacTavish

Hi again :)

I started modding robes and armor yesterday. I edit the armor's texture file on photoshop and change the color and everything. But when I save it to the Override folder and start up the game, my armor is there, but the color did not change. :cry8: Anyone know what happened?

You likely just named something wrong, answer these and i'll try to help. What armor where you trying to change, what was the texture name, is it a custom item, or a modified uti?

Regards,

Darth-Meatbag

Well I wanted to mod the Mandalorian Battle Armor which I believe is g_a_class9003 the texture name I think was PMBH03 and it is a modified .uti

Thanks alot

You've got the texture name right for that armor. Are you saving your re-skin as TGA?

Try removing the modded uti to see if it works with the in-game version (you'll have to use KSE to remove your modded armor and replace it with the in-game version after deleting the UTI from override). If it works, you'll know that it's something screwy with the modded UTI. Check whether the uti has a "3" next to "texture variation", and "defense bonus 9" next to "base item".

If you still get the same result, you'll know it has something to do with the texture itself (possibly the format or name).

Also when modding skins, don't forget to preserve the original alpha channel, and make sure you include a TXI file with whatever modifier goes with the armor (in this case "envmaptexture CM_Baremetal").

Good luck.

You've got the texture name right for that armor. Are you saving your re-skin as TGA?

Try removing the modded uti to see if it works with the in-game version (you'll have to use KSE to remove your modded armor and replace it with the in-game version after deleting the UTI from override). If it works, you'll know that it's something screwy with the modded UTI. Check whether the uti has a "3" next to "texture variation", and "defense bonus 9" next to "base item".

If you still get the same result, you'll know it has something to do with the texture itself (possibly the format or name).

Also when modding skins, don't forget to preserve the original alpha channel, and make sure you include a TXI file with whatever modifier goes with the armor (in this case "envmaptexture CM_Baremetal").

Good luck.

Thanks! :jester1:

I'll try this and see if it works (which I'm sure it will) I think I named the texture var wrong.

Once Again thanks,

Ronin93

Archived