Home

mods crashing

I downloaded a few mods for the game, but they either make it crash or I get an error when I try to start the game.

I have one or two mods that change the language.dll and language_x1.dll files, and when I have them installed, starting the game gives me this message even before it starts:

"The application or DLL C:/Program Files/LucasArts/Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds/Game/language_x1.dll is not a valid Windows image. Please check this against your installation diskette."

This is followed by a blank error message with no text by clicking ok on the first one.

Uninstalling the mods fixes this problem, but then there are other mods that don't edit the language files. I'll have those installed, and then start the game, and everything works fine...but when I try adding one of the new units to a scenario, the game goes all distorted with the color messed up, and then crashes to the desktop.

Apparently this seems to be a problem with the mods, but I had SWGB and the expansion installed a while back and it worked fine with them. I just recently reinstalled the game, and have the 1.1 patch.

Is there anyway to fix this so I can use mods without the game messing up?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest DarthMaulUK

When installing a new mod, its always best to re-install the game or 'repair' it. Each mod changes certain files and if one mod cant access a certain file, it will crash.

DMUK

Archived