Home

Modula Editing K2

darthriddick

hello all!

so i'm working on a small side quest mod right now, but i'm running up against some problems...(simply because this is something i have NEVER done before, and there aren't any tutorials for this)

first off the most simple question. ^_^

i need the script that allows for movement from one area to another ( like the one on telos station when you click on the information terminal)

second: i need to make a door become a wall. namly i will be needing to block the entrance to teh entertanment deck of telos station, from the shuttle bay, and the TSF command center, so i can have JUST the shuttlebay, and the TSF command center.

that's it for the moment!

thanks

~DR

i need the script that allows for movement from one area to another ( like the one on telos station when you click on the information terminal)

void main() {
   StartNewModule("[color=Pink]ModuleName[/color]", "[color=PaleGreen]WaypointTag[/color]");
}

Replace ModuleName with the name of the module to warp to, and WaypointTag with the Tag of the waypoint in that area where you wish the player to appear.

i need to make a door become a wall.

Set the "Static" flag in the door template (.UTD file). This should make the player unable to interact with the door and open it.

ok, that works perfactly, just one more thing...

could you(stoffe) or anyone else browsing teh forums, direct me to a merchant creation tutorial?

There is one in the General Tutorials forum at the top of Holowan Labs, here. That should cover the basics of it.

Archived