Home

Edge of the World- help me please!!!!

christamone

hi- I went on the conveyor belt and then down the chain i guess and now im stuck in the crane on the beach.....I dont even know how I got there but i've pushed every button on my keyboard and nothing is happening. every time i restart the game he says " im stuck, theres no ladder". i cant even see him, i think hes stuck in the crane.. please help me!!! do I have to restart the WHOLE game again? Thanks

hmmm, need more information here, let me reconstruct your situtation.

hi- I went on the conveyor belt and then down the chain i guess

So you went up the conveyor belt towards the big crane machine. Now it's the "down the chain" part that's confusing. Did you lower the chain over the conveyor belt side or the beach side where the haircurl like rollers?

and now im stuck in the crane on the beach.....

Are you stuck inside the big crane machine or are you literally on the beach? The crane machine isn't technically on the beach, though it's chain and scooper should be some where on the beach if you lowered the crane. So are you having trouble getting back inside the crane machine? Are you having trouble moving the crane machine back to the conveyor belt side?

every time i restart the game he says " im stuck, theres no ladder". i cant even see him, i think hes stuck in the crane..

okay, this is a clue. Did you make sure you moved the crane machine ALL the way it can go towards the beach? If I remember, I believe this is what Manny says when you trying getting him to jump off in the middle of the crane machine's track rather than either the crane side of the beach side.

your right, im not in the crane. on my computer screen, all i see is the beach with the claw and chain sitting on the beach. Manny is no where, and any time i try to push any button, nothing happens. i feel like something froze up and i dont know what to do. ive even tried restarting the game and right when he starts to talk i push tons of buttons and nothing happens. :(

i see the conveyor belt in front of the claw and theres two spinning things. also, the only time i hear movement is when i restart the game, and i push I to open the inventory. i hear something move, but after that everything goes quiet. plus, the inventory doesnt even pop up on my screen, i just hear him bustling around for a second. ive been stuck here for 2 days now!

your right, im not in the crane. on my computer screen, all i see is the beach with the claw and chain sitting on the beach. Manny is no where, and any time i try to push any button, nothing happens.

He may still be in the crane, in the far background of the screen. Try moving around a bit and use the buttons U or P. Can you see a little white guy on the platform underneath the crane machine?

ive even tried restarting the game and right when he starts to talk i push tons of buttons and nothing happens. :(

Restart the game from the beginning or from your saved file? did you save while he was in mid speech? As advice, don't bother touching a bunch of buttons as it may cause the program or your computer to freez up.

i see the conveyor belt in front of the claw and theres two spinning things.

you shouldn't be seeing the conveyor belt at all if you are on the beach. Did you mean the platform where the hair curl rolls are?

also, the only time i hear movement is when i restart the game,

I'm guessing that's because you saved mid-walk of Manny's character. After all this crap happens (when you restart from your saved file) did you try saving on a new file and restarting the game from THAT file? Did the same crap then happen again?

and i push I to open the inventory. i hear something move, but after that everything goes quiet. plus, the inventory doesnt even pop up on my screen, i just hear him bustling around for a second.

I've never tried opening my inventory while in a vehicle, so if anybody else knows if you can or not, some help here would be nice. Otherwise if this is really some technical problem, I can't help much accept by pointing you to a saved file for the level you are in.

http://grimfandango.net/files/saves/year3/33-edgeoftheworld.zip

It may put you back a bit, but at least you don't have to restart the game. But if you really want to work through this without resorting to the save file, I'm here to help.

ok so i tried to save to another file, and it didnt do anything. i still can't move at all. here is a picture i took of my computer screen so you can see what it looks like.

hardlove.jpg

also, what does this link do you sent me? i tried to open it but its in a compressed file and im not sure how to use it. :\ sorry im not good at this stuff

ok so i tried to save to another file, and it didnt do anything. i still can't move at all. here is a picture i took of my computer screen so you can see what it looks like.

WELL, since you went to the trouble of taking a picture of the problem, I decided to go back to the game and try this myself. Okay, first, can you ext GF normally, as in when you press F1 does the menu screen come up and stuff and you can exit the game normally? I think you can as you said you tried another save file. By the way, is this the only scene you have saved files for?

Now, I went back through my saved files and played from when Mecha first slaps you to when you first get to the beach and you have dropped the crane, so I think I am in the same situation as you. After walking around on the beach, I got some ideas.

1:Manny can actually hide behind the chain on your screen, even while on that ramp that leads to the crane. You may have gotten Manny stuck some where along there, in which case you should be able to gently nudge him out by pressing on the left and right arrows and pushing the forward or backward button gently.

2:He's definitly not on the platform underneath the crane as I found that the first screen you get when he comes of the crane machine is a close up of the moving hair curls, then when you walk down the ramp you get the screenshot you posted (but with Manny in it). Did you see this screen?

3:Just realized something. When you first drop the crane from the crane machine on the beach side, the camera cuts to the screenshot you posted, and NORMALLY then cuts back to the view of the crane machine and the waterfall. That's why Manny would be saying "there's no ladder" as he may actually still be in the crane machine. My suggestion for this problem is to left up the chain by JUST pressing the up button, and if that dosn't work just try pressing up and down, or the right button.

My primary question to you is, Have you ever seen Manny get off the crane machine and got down onto this beach? Has he ever done it while the crane was down?

also, what does this link do you sent me? i tried to open it but its in a compressed file and im not sure how to use it. :\ sorry im not good at this stuff

Download the file to some place you can easily get to (like your desktop) open the extraction file like you would a normal folder, and move the one program in there to your C drive/Program Files/LucasArts/Grim. If you look carefully in the Grim file, and if you saved a lot of games, you should notice that they look like the program from the extraction file that you are putting in their. Once you got it in there, play the game and load the save file that you least recognize (that should be the one you threw in the folder).

I recommen this solution if the problem is strictly technical in nature, in that something froze and won't unfreeze. Hope this helps, otherwise I'm still around.

Archived