Home

Defense

gharidos

100+ ???

Anyway, one of the things your Dexterity increases is your Defense. The higher your DEX is, the higher your DEF becomes. However, armors' restrictive nature has been reflected on the gameplay as restriction of this DEX bonus. When you check an armor's item description, you'll see a "Max Dexterity Bonus: n". Which means: However high your DEX is, it cannot increase your DEF more than this n when you're wearing the armor.

Unlike armor suits, robes don't restrict your movement, thereby allowing your DEX to boost your DEF as much as possible. So, when you have an exceptionally high DEX, wearing an armor is actually worse for your DEF.

sorry i got it wrong. its like this..

-i get 39 def with robe and 22 def with light armor

-used rh's kamino eugenics chamber mod and the def with robe got high but when i equip light armor it goes back down to 30+.

its a bit high (restrictions) considering that its only light armor. is there a way to edit the armor's restrictive nature?

As for how defense works:

Any character always has a beginning value of 10.

This is modified by Dexterity. Every two points of Dexterity above 10, adds one to defense, while it drops by one point for every two points below 10. So to find your Dex-modifier to defense, subtract 10 from your Dexterity score and divide the result by 2 (rounding down).

There are some limits to how much Dex. can affect your defense, however, which is based on the armor you wear. As Marauder's Fury has mentioned, this is what the "Maximum Dexterity Bonus" is for. Even robes tend to have a maximum of 8, although that is unlikely to be relevant, since it would require a Dexterity score above 26.

Other gear can also modify Defense, either directly or by adding to your Dexterity.

But as for why the robe acts like that, I have no idea. Seems to be either a bug or a result of meddling with the program or an editor of some sort, if I were to venture a guess. Never happened to me.

Archived