Home

Mod Compatibilty Thread

lotechnz

So I've just ordered the Mac version of EAW, and being a previous user of the PC version, I'm wondering what Mods I can use on EAW. Are any currently compatible? Is it just a matter of using the same file structure & layout of the PC version?

Once I get the game, I'll have a try and post the results here.

Until then - has anyone had any luck already?

RESULTS //

================

WORKING

1. Steiners Advanced Units Mod v3.2.5 - WORKS

2. Absolute_Enhancement_mod_2.3 - WORKS

3. A Galaxy Divided:Enhnaced EaW - WORKS

DOESN'T WORK - Displays startup EAW logo then quits out

1. Phoenix Rising

2. Conflict in Space: New Units (V4.1)

3. SW EAW Space Addon 2.0

Game recieved - its good to not be dual booting to windows so I can slack off and get my fix.

Looking at the games install folder, theres the usual DATA folder ala PC version, and from what I can tell, the same files as the PC version....

data-folder.gif

Can someone confirm this? The movies are now in quicktime but otherwise everything looks the same, although I'm a bit rusty to the PC's file layout.

Good news!

I just installed SAU 3.2.5, via installing 3, 3.1 and then finally 3.2.5 on a windows machine and copying the mod folder accross. As I don't know if theres a commandline interface to run a mod - so I just copied over what I needed to the DATA folder and overwrote the originals.

Good news - IT WORKS!

I had run it once with no mod and had good speed with the Res @ 1680x1050 with FX on the upper-mid end of the sliders. With the mod installed I had to slide them all down to the low end but got everything displaying well and with a pretty solid framerate.... huzzzah!

I'll be messing with the GFX settings a little more but I thought it would be good to report that most (if not all) Mods should work on the mac version..... now if only Modders could stop using installers to setup their mods and just release archives.

I might upload the SAU 3.2.5 mod as a ZIP for anyone in the same world as me (any mac users at all?).

• 1 year later...

"RESULTS //

================

WORKING

1. Steiners Advanced Units Mod v3.2.5 - WORKS

2. Absolute_Enhancement_mod_2.3 - WORKS

3. A Galaxy Divided:Enhnaced EaW - WORKS"

could you run me through on how you got these to work? after downloading steiners advanced units mod 3, it downloaded in a exe. format so i couldn't open it.

and the one thing that did download into a folder was aem 4.5, but it used an installer to run so i couldn't use that one. they still have all the files though.

any ideas?

• 3 weeks later...

Haven't had a mess with EAW for a while - but had a mess today and got Steiners 3.3 going.

If you run the exe via a windows machine you can then copy the extracted data file into you Empire at War's data file - just overwrite any original files.

You should probably backup copy you data folder before you add the mod.

Archived