Home

Mod link or pm request for no force vfx mod

spyblade

Xcom made a mod that had No Force Visual Effects in TSL. I have found links to it on pcgamemods and his site (which links to pcgamemods), but last I tried the site was down. Does anyone know where I can find this? Or is there another mod that removes many of the visual effects, like the characters hands lighting up or the "force power sphere", for either K1 or TSL?

Also if someone knows roughly how this would be done or what files Xcom modded, I may be able to rig my own.

Any Help would be great

Thanks

Also if someone knows roughly how this would be done or what files Xcom modded, I may be able to rig my own.

Any Help would be great

Thanks

I'm working on a mod to make changes like this in the game for K1. You have to edit visualeffects.2da in order to turn off the special effects for Force Powers.

I'm working on a mod to make changes like this in the game for K1. You have to edit visualeffects.2da in order to turn off the special effects for Force Powers.

If you do this, beware that some cutscenes or mods that use these visual effects for other things might look pretty tame as a result. If you modify the visualeffects.2da file you essentially remove those visuals from the game entirely.

If you want to be more selective about just removing them for force powers you can remove the "cast" visuals in spells.2da and the visuals playing when the powers are triggered in the script k_sp1_generic (well, k_inc_force mostly, but that include file is used by the former script).

Archived