1. 1. Are you going to see LOTR?

• yes
    • no
    • What's LOTR?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Sherack Nhar

Well actually, I think "Star Wars" sounds a lot dumber than "Lord of the Ring" does.

I NEED to read those books, but I'm confused; is it a trilogy?

Originally posted by Rogue15

what's lord of the rings? it sounds dumb (probably cause of the 'rings' part, pictures lord with a fist full of rings)

Rogue not to sound mean but what DO you like? You don;t like playing XWA and JK, you don;t like the name LotR...do you even like GB? :)

Guest Luke Skywalker

Ok I found a nice Tolkein site (thats who the books are written buy) read it and you'll find out what the books are about. There not like new age harry potter crap there actually very old but are about sorecery and Fantasy, all star wars fans are required by LucasArts lwas to like LOTR!!. Some help here, How old are they?

Heres the site its a complete FAQ http://www.daimi.aau.dk/~bouvin/tolkienfaq.html

Guest Tie Guy
Originally posted by Kvan

Rogue not to sound mean but what DO you like? You don;t like playing XWA and JK, you don;t like the name LotR...do you even like GB? :)

He likes Rogue Squadron, and he plays JK and MOTS, and even edits them.

Anyways, i'm gonna go see it, when does it come out?

BTW 15, i think Louis is a stupid name :p j/k

Guest Luke Skywalker

Good idea rhett:p

Oh and I thnk its either in december or january. Ahh so many movies so little time, LOTR, SW, the Matrix:reloaded. So little time. :)

I think its December 18th

The reason I ask about Rogue is because I saw the thread about him complaining about JK having all thoughs RPers, and he complains here...Rogue/Louie I just don't see you not complaining anywhere :D

Guest Lord Tirion

Rogue15 is a fooking tart. His signature freaking lags up the forums and his posts contain no words more than 2 syllables. All he does is degrade every post and lash out like Viper.

I'm not going to do anything but ROLL my eyes and curse the malformed sperm that somehow beat out all the healthy ones and created him in some horrible genetic accident.

As for LOTR - IT ROCKS and I can not wait to see the movies as they come out each year =)

Guest Tie Guy
Originally posted by Tirion *Nexsis*

Rogue15 is a fooking tart. His signature freaking lags up the forums and his posts contain no words more than 2 syllables. All he does is degrade every post and lash out like Viper.

I'm not going to do anything but ROLL my eyes and curse the malformed sperm that somehow beat out all the healthy ones and created him in some horrible genetic accident.

As for LOTR - IT ROCKS and I can not wait to see the movies as they come out each year =)

Please don't be the kinda person thats holds grudges. I know that you are mad from the other thread on the TFN thing.

Anyways, why aren't they making a "Hobit" movie? Wasn't that the first one?

Originally posted by Tie Guy

Please don't be the kinda person thats holds grudges. I know that you are mad from the other thread on the TFN thing.

Anyways, why aren't they making a "Hobit" movie? Wasn't that the first one?

I don't know if Tirion *Nexsis* holds grudges but I do! I remember you, Tie, bumping that one thread that made me look like a complete idiot! Remember that one? I do...your time will come! ;)

They really should have made a Hobbit movie first. It wasn't part of LotR but it did tell how the Ring was found again.

Guest Tie Guy
Originally posted by Kvan

I don't know if Tirion *Nexsis* holds grudges but I do! I remember you, Tie, bumping that one thread that made me look like a complete idiot! Remember that one? I do...your time will come! ;)

They really should have made a Hobbit movie first. It wasn't part of LotR but it did tell how the Ring was found again.

To this day i do not know what thread you are talking about. What was the name of it?

Anyways, does anyone know when the next ones in the series are planned to be out? Are they gonna make us wait 3 years like Lucas did with TPM and ATOC?

Originally posted by Tie Guy

To this day i do not know what thread you are talking about. What was the name of it?

Anyways, does anyone know when the next ones in the series are planned to be out? Are they gonna make us wait 3 years like Lucas did with TPM and ATOC?

They come out every year after the first.

Guest Gamma732

Wow....I'm the lone 'No' vote. **Ducks the first volley of rotten fruit** ;) I'm in a miniscule minority, I know, but I never really got into the whole Fantasy genre. I don't know, but it just doesn't hold my attention. I read the first chapter of my friend's copy of Lord of the Rings and well.....it just was really...I don't know, not boring or stupid, just uninteresting. **Ducks more rotten fruit and a brick that narrowly misses him** ;)

Originally posted by Gamma732

Wow....I'm the lone 'No' vote. **Ducks the first volley of rotten fruit** ;) I'm in a miniscule minority, I know, but I never really got into the whole Fantasy genre. I don't know, but it just doesn't hold my attention. I read the first chapter of my friend's copy of Lord of the Rings and well.....it just was really...I don't know, not boring or stupid, just uninteresting. **Ducks more rotten fruit and a brick that narrowly misses him** ;)

*as gamma ducks the fruit and brick, kvans knee comes up to meet his head*

So you haven't read it? I think you need to read it completely before saying if you like it or not :mon:

Guest Merek Of Nexsis

All I can say is that LOTR is great. I'm re-reading the books and there is no series better. From the looks of the trailer these films should bury Star Wars.

Archived