Home

What is the best rts game to date???

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Lord JayVizIon

what is your most favorite rts game to date? and why?

I've always liked Homeworld. I don't really know why I like it though.....maybe because it in space and has a 3d map...

I probably would have picked AoE but I never got to play it all that much.

Does anyone know if the new Dune game is any good?

cool kvan. i hear you on homeworld, great game but i don't play it much b/c some of those missions are tough!

however, my favorite rts game is starcraft, just b/c of battle.net battles and 1vs1 with buddies. i also though the original warcraft II as well as warwind II were good.......

with the looks of swgb, i think it could be my favorite......

Originally posted by Lord JayVizIon

cool kvan. i hear you on homeworld, great game but i don't play it much b/c some of those missions are tough!

however, my favorite rts game is starcraft, just b/c of battle.net battles and 1vs1 with buddies. i also though the original warcraft II as well as warwind II were good.......

with the looks of swgb, i think it could be my favorite......

StarCraft is one of the best games EVER made.....I just got tired of playing over, and over, and over again. Whats Warwind II?

It's sad that blizzard is holding back WCIII again:(

warwind II had two human races and two UGLY looking alien groups. that game was cool b/c it had fences that were electric and would make a siren like sound when intruders entered. it was a solid game, but not as good as starcraft

warcraft III won't be out til sometime next year.

Originally posted by Compa_Mighty

The Conquerors, well, that is AoK. I wish the patch was better *sighs*

BTW, I think all of you have noticed I have traumatic issues about the green snow. Well I'm not that bad, but I simply don't like it

Green Snow? *snickers* That sounds like a band:)

Originally posted by Master Yoda

Instead of showing snow as being white on the little map in the bottom left hand corner its GREEN!!!!:mad:

At least it's not yellow :D

Guest Igonmondrian

THE ICE WAS WHITE!!!!!!!

BTW: My fav RTS games:

1: Age of Kings (patch was great, but original music was better)

2: Alpha Centauri (although it is 1/2 Turn Based, 1/2 RTS)

3: Gotta love SimCity3000.

4: STARSIEGE! (It's sort of RTS)

5: Homeworld

6: StarCraft

7: Command and Conquer series. (favs were Red Alert, and Teberian Sun)

Personally I think Galactic Battlegrounds will blow AOK away. I have been hoping for a great SciFi RTS, but I have been hopeing even more for a StarWars RTS!!! When I looked for an Aliens vs. Predator upgrade and saw an ad for Gallactic Battlegrounds, I immediatle started finding more info.

Great Stuff. SWGB will be great, for it appeals to a scifi audience along with StarWars people.

Guest Superdog

About the Only two I own are StarCraft and Brood War, (actually my brother owns them), so I'll go with that. GB looks to be an ass-kicker, though. Maybe not groundbreking, or an instant classic, but deifinetly a decent StarWars RTS for a change.

Originally posted by Compa_Mighty

Come on Kvan, that's not good, if it's snow, it should be white.

Did they want to make it green or did they screw up the patch?

So does this mean I all I have to say is "The snow....is green" and it will throw you into a rage? Have I found your weakness?:)

Guest Igonmondrian

Which wha what?

I think that you must have a differnet patch!

Yes, all open ground is green, except for dirt and coasts. ICE is white. The kind of ice that covers WATER. When you go into the scenario and try to put snow on water, you get ICE. ICE is crossable, and impassable by ships.

Guest Telephius

Total Annihilation plus its Core Contingency pack

The first game to use 3d units and terrain that I know of even though camera was always in the same angle and the modesl were blocky(its ok they are robots)

It used Gravity to determine of far a weapon's fire went :) and the 150 different units just for the game alnoen not including downloadable ones form the developers, not including 3rd party add on ones. Planes moved like planes *joy* oh and offensive turrets are a plus gotta love using Big Bertas to shoot hot plasma across the map is always fun.

Hey nobody here mention TA I guess the are all on the Emperor: Battle for Dune boards now

Originally posted by Telephius

Total Annihilation plus its Core Contingency pack

The first game to use 3d units and terrain that I know of even though camera was always in the same angle and the modesl were blocky(its ok they are robots)

It used Gravity to determine of far a weapon's fire went :) and the 150 different units just for the game alnoen not including downloadable ones form the developers, not including 3rd party add on ones. Planes moved like planes *joy* oh and offensive turrets are a plus gotta love using Big Bertas to shoot hot plasma across the map is always fun.

Hey nobody here mention TA I guess the are all on the Emperor: Battle for Dune boards now

T & A ,yeah I'm up for some of that.....oh, wait you said TA....oops :)

Does anyone like Dune 2000? I thought it was a damn good game for it's time!

Originally posted by Telephius

Total Annihilation

I think there site is still up the business doesn't exist I think the TA:Kingdoms which was supposed to be a fanatsy game that used the egine was a bomb I believe.

http://www.cavedog.com

I like T & A better...

TA:Kingdoms could have been fun. Oh, well

Archived