Home

[K1] comm_w_f02 to new PC head?

MourningZen

I really didn't want the first post I made to these forums to be a request, but I tried to follow Darkkender's tutorial as well as Princess Artemis' quick version to create a new PC head using the 2nd white female commoner's model (Ice from the Dueling ring on Taris) and unfortunately either I did something wrong or its not possible. So I'd really appreciate some help or input.

I only recently purchased the game and was up until now content to just use the savegame editor to change my PC's appearance to comm_w_f02 but upon realizing that this + attempting to equip the Star Forge Robes = crash I decided to try and do a proper mod. I just can't seem to get it right.

Please and Thank you.

-Zen

Zen, you can fix this by editing the Commoner_02_Fem_White line (454) in appearance.2da... atleast this is as close to what you posted as I could find.

The Revan Robes are contolled by the modelj and texj cells in appearance.2da, simply open up appearance.2da with KotOR Tool, scroll down to the Commoner_02_Fem_White line (454) place PFBJM in the modelj cell, and PMBJ in the texj cell. Click on another cell on another line and save the appearance.2da to your override.

You should now be able to wear Revan robes on that appearance. ;)

(Warning: KotOR I instructions!) :D

Ok so to continue... although RedHawke was good enough to give me the quick fix I needed to be able to equip the Star Forge robes to a SaveGame edited appearance character, I didn't give up making a new PC head I could select at character creation. And I've made progress! I've got the comm_w_f2 head showing up and selectable as desired but its using the in game texture instead of my edited one. I've checked to make sure my texture is exactly 256x256 as was mentioned as a problem in another similar thread. So I'm usure what I'm missing. Any further suggestions?

Thanks again.

-Zen

edit: well what I was missing was the use of a HexEditor to edit the .mdl file. Having done that I now have a spiffy new selectable PC head with custom texture. Yay for persistence and extensive use of the forum's search threads feature.

Archived