Home

Requesting help regarding a issue with game.

j-zanzibar

Hi all,

I am new to this game.I've recently bought this game at my local mall,I've installed and updated the game to the latest patch which is version 1.05.After completing all the tutorial levels,I've decided to give the campaign a start.But whenever I start a new campaign either by selecting the rebellion or empire side,I see the Star Wars logo,but there is no opening crawl or text.After the Star Wars logo,there is only music and the background of space before it will take me to the scene of the spaceship passing by.Is this a bug or something?Please help.

My specs are:

Sapphire X850 XT with latest drivers

Windows Vista Home with latest updates

Intel Pentium Core Duo 3.2GHZ

2048MB DDR RAM

Thanks!

Guest DarthMaulUK

hmmm Vista has been untried with this game. I suggest -

right click on EaW icon

click properties

select compatibility

then tick the box 'run this in compatibility mode' and select Windows Service pack 2

Click Ok

Exit

then try to start the game and see.

Thanks for your suggestion dude.I have tried doing the following,but the problem or bug is still there...It's still the same: New Campaign (Rebellion or Empire)--> Star Wars Logo--> music & background of space,before the first level of the campaign begins...Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.Opening text simply would not display.

Thanks!

Guest DarthMaulUK

can you please post your system specs (dxdiag)

Focus on display and the first section (system spec)

Sorry for replying so long DarthMaulUK.Here's the specs found at dxdiag:

Radeon X800 series

Approx. total memory: 316mb

DirectDraw acceleration: enabled

Direct3d acceleration: enabled

AGP texture acceleration: enabled

DirectX 10

Guest DarthMaulUK

if you've installed DX10 on the x800 series card, this could be the problem. You will need to install direct x9c - but before you do, make a system restore point. Vista is dx10 compatible but you need a dx10 card for it to work.

DMUK

A really HUGE & many thanks for your help DarthMaulUK!!! :lips1: The opening crawl finally appears.What I did,after many hours on tinkering & finally giving up on Windows Vista,was revert back to my previous OS which is Windows XP (Which has only DirectX 9.0c installed).Yeah,Vista isn't really for gaming,never had ALOT of issues also with other games before when I was back on XP.Hope this helps answer the problem for anyone also experiencing the opening crawl problem I had with Vista.Only install the game on a machine that has DirectX 9.0c. :lips1:

Archived