Home

Crash at startup (bink video)

rayofash

How can I disable the startup video? Everytime I try to start Forces of Corruption it crashes strait to desktop without any error. The only time this happens to me with games it involves Bink video, and disabling it always makes it work.

So, how do I disable the startup video or make Bink work?

Guest DarthMaulUK

Then you should be aware that the more information you provide, the easier it is to solve your problem. The next thing is a dxdiag.

Would I still be able to play multiplayer with the mod installed?

And is this mod for EAW or the Expansion? The way you worded your post makes it hard to understand.

Edit: I followed the instructions in the mod's readme file for both EAW and the expansion and it didn't work.

I have no idea if the mod is even working though.

Guest DarthMaulUK

If you already have the expansion installed, clicking Esc will skip the intro. However, sometimes, you need to play it once in order to skip the intro.

Uninstall FoC and just install that mod for Empire at War. Then play for 5 minutes, install FoC and see if you can skip the intro

If you already have the expansion installed, clicking Esc will skip the intro. However, sometimes, you need to play it once in order to skip the intro.

Uninstall FoC and just install that mod for Empire at War. Then play for 5 minutes, install FoC and see if you can skip the intro

The game crashes while it's trying to load the videos, I don't get a chance to skip them.

The game literally opens and closes faster than you can blink an eye. If you're fast enough you MIGHT see the window pop up as if the game were loading.

Guest DarthMaulUK

Are you running any virtual drives, like daemon tools or alcohol? Look at programs that you have open in the background to see if these create issues.

Also, does your card support T&L ( Transform & Lighting)? I cant remember if it does

Archived