Home

Problems with battle graphics (no transparency with saber clashes, ect.)

dulled_edge

Hello everyone, glad to be here. I don't know how such an enjoyable game slipped past me until now. And I have to say what most of you are doing with this game is beyond awesome on many levels. Introductions aside, here is my issue.

I'm not quite sure why, but, during game play certain graphic images that come up like the saber clashes, bolt impacts, and fire in most levels, show up without transparency. So whenever there is a clash it comes up as a big black square with the clash image in the middle. As you can understand the saber clashes and such are a major factor in this game's enjoyment level, and it's pretty tough to have an epic battle with black squares all over the place.

To make this easier, here is video I captured of the problem.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2fdZ31z__A

The only mods that I am running off of are; OJP 10 enhanced, some characters, maps, and weapons. Nothing too extreme. I am running on Windows XP and have the latest directx and the latest drivers I could find for my graphics card. I have an ATI Radeon 200 series, I'd imagine it is not the best graphics card, but I didn't experience these kinds of problems when i was playing the Jedi Academy demo.

If anyone can offer a solution it would be greatly appreciated.

Wow! I remember having those kinds of appearances when I tried running the phantom menace game on a videocard that had no hardware acceleration :o

Try removing all of your mods and see if it helps, then add them piece by piece and see which one causes it if any. Also, make a screenshot (use print screen and then paste in mspaint) of your graphics configuration ingame.

OJP has SFX sabers by the way, /sfx_sabers 1, looks better :D

Yeah that last one, you're missing the saber/rgb _glow2 file as Buffy said and you may be missing some effects or other textures as well. If removing all of your mods doesn't work, redownload OJP or a different version of it and try running it alone (without any other mods) to see if that'll help. Maybe it's just a corrupt install?

Archived